• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bulldog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Crawfordsville,In
    I owned a Sigma40ev once.After firing about 150 factory rounds through it the extractor broke. I sent it to S&W and they repaired it. No charge to me with a quick turnaround. I got rid of it because it didn't like the flat tipped target ammo even with the polished feed ramp, Still like my 22a and my S&W revolvers.

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    Personally, for the money that the Sigma costs, I'd buy one of the 3rd Generation wonders. They are something else. And now, you can get them for relatively cheap. But you sure can't get a whole lot of CS for a discontinued design. For that you'll have to make friends with a gunsmith.

But for anyone who falls in love with it, the Sigma isn't a bad gun. It's just like the Hi-Point C9; everyone loves to hate it.

~LT

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I have very limited experience with any sigma pistol. However, the experience I do have is with an older model that had an absolutely awful trigger and managed to stovepipe at least once a magazine. There are far to many stories out there of people loving them for me to completely write them off, but I would have to be seriously strapped for cash to consider one at this point.

Jdalton765

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Muncie, Indiana
    I just bought a brand new sigma 40, i couldnt pass it up for the price of it brand new I'm pretty happy with it over all but i dont currently have much experience with guns so honestly dont have much to base it off of.

illmaniac123

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    East Indianapolis
    I think sigmas are good for beginner shooters due to their simplicity. They run well in most conditions but I dont like the factory triger setup and pull. Apparently there is a youtube video about a trigger job that makes it a lot better with little work

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My experiences seem to mirror quite a few others here. Friend of mine picked up one in .40 S&W for real cheap and I was amazed at how much pressure I had to put on the trigger to get that thing to fire. I'm not used to a match-grade 1911 either. My Smith&Wesson 642 came with something like an 11 pound DA trigger so I think I could safely say the Sigma I shot had a 13-15 pound trigger: it was absolutely ridiculous and intolerable. I did one magazine, waited half an hour and did another. It was rather uncomfortable to shoot. Not painful, but very uncomfortable.

No idea how old it was, if it was stock, or what happedn to it before my friend bought it, but it made my GLOCK seem like some slick, $2,000 custom 1911. If there are ones with lighter triggers and they work for other people cool, different strokes for different folks.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    The sigma was my first pistol purchas. I have put well over 500 rounds through it and have never had a malfunction. After I purchased my 92fs I realized how bad the trigger is on the sigma but I am just about as accurate with both. For a 300 dollar gun, it has served well. It is my HD gun.

Top Bottom