• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Its been a crazy last couple months (job loss, appliance and vehicle breakdowns and family health issues). Fathers day came and went and my kids threw me a dad party and got me a card and made some craft stuff that made me feel like the most blessed man in the world! Yesterday my wife and oldest 9 year old son came to me while I was doing the dishes (yes guys I do the dishes:D) with smiles on their faces. My son handed me a wrapped box I opened it and their was a NIB Cobra CA380. I know its only a simple cheap gun but my wife has been saving up all year for wife stuff and she decided to spend all of what she had on me and then she told me she is expecting our 5th child. I may not be a rich man but Im armed and blessed!

I'd say the gun's value is priceless. Congrats.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Great story. Hang on to that woman and don't let your kids grow up.

If you can't do that second bit, just soak up every minute (as I'm sure you're doing). We did but the little rugrats went and became teens. Love em.... but they're teens.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I know its only a simple cheap gun

It ain't simple, and it definitely wasn't cheap. It is an heirloom, and I hope it gets passed down through the family, along with the story.
    You are a blessed man. The only thing that would be better than you doing the dishes, would be the whole family doing the dishes together. Congratulations for the gift that your family gave you, congratulations for having such a wonderful wife and children.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I almost teared up, pretty sweet family ya got. If you haven't found a new job yet I hope all goes well for you. You know, that probably now makes that cobra the most valuable firearm you own. I know one of my most valuable is an EAA windicator I got for Christmas one year when things weren't going well.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Congrats man! I think I may have some 380 ammo somewhere I dont need anymore. Im in Scott Co as well. If I find it Ill meet up with ya!
    I don't have 380 ammo, but since your in Scott county head over to cabin fever he had plenty in stock the Last time I was there (4 days ago)

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    Super cool. Just goes to show you what a thoughtful gift can do for someone. It could have been any gun, but the fact that is was a thoughtful and selfless gift will make it that much more special. What a great way to start my monday. Thanks for sharing

Top Bottom