• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Update they now are back on eBay if you search top toxic and bumper sticker you should find it

My Toxic bumper sticker arrived in the mail today and I put it on the back of my car and headed to Bloomington for some errands. It really is a magnet, so I can take it off before I go places for work.

The bumper sticker is the word TOXIC with the Obama O and symbol in it. I thought it was a deep thought kind of bumper sticker, but then that is just me. Anyways, driving into town I noticed a few smiles and nothing else. However, a guy in a Prius took great offense at the bumper sticker and told me I was racist on the bridge on 3rd and 37. He was a effeminate hipster ( sorry) and gave me the evil eye a few more times as we both headed into town. I dropped off the items at the bank and hit the pawn shops.

On the way home, I had a guy in his 50's in an old suv tailgated me and then pull up to my passenger side and give me the stink eye and slowly turn is head in disgust at me. He took pictures of me when he was one car ahead of me at the Tire barn and keep staring at me at each of the next few lights that we got stuck at together. He gave me a bad vibe so I took a slightly different way home in the back woods of west side of the county. He followed me for 4 miles until I turned on a poorly maintained county road and he thought about turning but just stopped. I went on my way home from that point and didn't see him again. I would say, he followed me for 7 miles over a bumper sticker.

My question to you all.

Is a bumper sticker with the word TOXIC with a O symbol offensive?

I thought it was funny and fit the mood of the country. Let me know. I'll have my dash cam running tommorow to see if the same stuff happens again.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    http://i3.cpcache.com/product/1412056490/barack_ebola_bumper_sticker.jpg?height=225&width=225

it says toxic but the text looks just like this one.

barack_ebola_bumper_sticker.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No. Not to me. But liberals only like to pretend they're tolerant. It's just that their window of tolerance is different than those they condemn. Their window is not necessarily any wider, just different. And if you demonstrate any point of view that does not fit into their tolerance window, they let you know by showing their displeasure--just be glad you didn't leave your car parked with that magnet attached...you might have gotten some free-hand racing stripes added to the side(s) of it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Unfortunately in this day and age there are some people that don't have a sense of humor, but do have a love for all the free things that the current president is handing out, and they believe everything he says. They also forget that you have a right to your opinion as well.

By the way, I think your magnet is great!

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Love it ! It sounds like a great sticker. Disturbing about the guy following you and the fact he took a pic of you. I would have probably had to confront him about that.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd love to put something like that on my truck but I fear the "live and let live", "tolerant" cowardly liberals would decide to take it out on my truck and if I caught one of them I'd end up in jail (or worse).

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Love it ! It sounds like a great sticker. Disturbing about the guy following you and the fact he took a pic of you. I would have probably had to confront him about that.
    I got back at him taking him out on a path less traveled. I never really had a reason to shake him. I think he was more nervous the last mile he was following me.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So much for tolerance. I guess you have the right to say whatever you choose.... so long as they agree with it

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I would glory in pissing someone like that off that much. I'd look back at him and rub my eye with my middle finger. I would absolutely invite him to try anything with me. He wouldn't get to know where I live because cowards like that do stupid **** when they think they can get away with it. I would stop somewhere and if he came out, he'd see me OCing and probably go apoplectic. I'd laugh all the way home. People like that deserve to be tweaked to the fullest extent.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Just tell them you're showing your support for Obama's efforts to increase the funding to clean up Superfund sites despite the Republicans blocking his bill.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    So much for tolerance. I guess you have the right to say whatever you choose.... so long as they agree with it

Not much different than the posting one InGOer made back around the first Obama election about cussing out someone in front of their kid at the range because that person had an Obama bumper sticker on his car. Thread is still there with several folks chiming in about how they might have been tempted to take a swing at the guy with the sticker, IIRC.

So when discussing which side is more tolerant, something about casting the first stone...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    reminds me of my single bumper sticker encounter. I dont have alot. Two now, but only one at the time. I am so bumper sticker averse that I ONLY put them on my glass. I dont want permanent damage to the paint when its time to sell the car.

SO I have one of the Peace through superior firepower bumperstickers... the one with PEACE in big letters and the peace symbol to the right with a b52 as the center section of the chickenfoot.

Im driving to work. As I approach the drive I slow down and suddenly some chick is on my ass honking and flipping me off. Suddenly I am flashing back to the last 1/4 mile to figure out my offense. "did I cut her off? No, been in this lane for a while. no, using my turn signal, not slowing down too soon, been driving above the limit... " about that time in my analysis she guns it and passes me. Right before I turn I see the back of her car... well, I would if she didnt have so many liberal/green/peacey stickers all over it. I literally couldnt see the tail end of her car because it had so many peta, peace, etc stickers on it. Apparently she took offense to my hawkish ways. :dunno:

And yes, its amazing how tolerant they are... so long as they agree with you.

Top Bottom