• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial][SIZE=-1]I got a call from my local gun shop today and they told me to come in and bring my wallet. They have my cell phone on speed dial and call me when any USMC or Vietnam related weapons show up.

They got in an NRA 100 Years of Service 1911 .45 ACP. The one they had was serial number 20 of 100. When I looked at it I first noticed the Iwo Jima grips on the right side and then when I looked at the map of Vietnam, they had Khe Sanh Combat Base engraved on the slide. They honored the past 100 years and had maps of the Pacific, Europe, Iraq and France on there, but Khe Sanh is the only base or battle shown on the maps.

I picked it up as my early Christmas present to me.
    AONRA.jpg

AOIwo.jpg

AOKhesanh.jpg

[/SIZE][/FONT]

magiaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Wow! That is one nice looking firearm you got yourself. Congratulations on your early Christmas present. The fact that it also is by state is really neat also. Any plans to shoot it or will she be your new safe queen?

-Aaron

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Wow! That is one nice looking firearm you got yourself. Congratulations on your early Christmas present. The fact that it also is by state is really neat also. Any plans to shoot it or will she be your new safe queen?

-Aaron

well some one must have been good this year, not to mention save a lil bit, to get that fro christmas.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Great that the Vietnam vet gets an honored place. They deserve far better than they have received from this nation. They were some of America's finest, and their sacrifice was betrayed by too many. Congrats on a neat present.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Any plans to shoot it or will she be your new safe queen? -Aaron

I started giving my unfired Marine Corps commemorative firearms to young Marines that I know who are returning from deployments overseas. Along with the firearm, I give them a piece of paper with my name, dates and places I served while in the Corps. If they ever pass the weapon along to someone else, I ask them to add their information so that the history of the previous Marines goes along with the weapon.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Great that the Vietnam vet gets an honored place. They deserve far better than they have received from this nation. They were some of America's finest, and their sacrifice was betrayed by too many. Congrats on a neat present.

I could not agree more! My father is a Vietnam vet! He served with the Big Red 1 from 68-69.

Very nice pistol as well!

Top Bottom