• ...and so much more!
  • Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    rifle envy

I was feeling pretty good about my 700 "coyote slayer" in .17 rem until I took a look at that pic. Very well done. I guess cops make more than teachers:):

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Shooting standard .223 ammo will blow the brass out to the Ackley chamber nicely. The bonus is that rifles will generally group very will with the fireforming loads so it's not wasted wear on the rifle.

I generally spend a year or more saving money and buying the components to build a rifle like this. Everything except the receiver on this rifle was purchased second hand which saves me a load of money. I plan ahead and spend months waiting for a good deal to pop up on the items I need for a project. I also work a part time job every week as well as my small side business which is where the money comes from to pay for my "habit". I work an average of 65-70 hours a week.

Mbandy13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Great rifle Cory, I'm looking forward to seeing this little baby in action today up at youngs. Regarding a couple of comments about getting those 75 grainers out to 1k that's not even remotely going to be a problem. People (including myself) shoot AR's in standard 223 out to 1k all the time. Now think about taking that same bullet and adding a couple hundred more f/s at the muzzle. This bastard is going to be shooting pretty flat at 3000+.

Mike

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    I'm about ready to take the plunge into the world of NV scopes, probably put one on a very accurate AR I got last year, using a load that I got off the New Jersey HP site, it shoots into the 5's with the 69 SMK, the RRA 2 stage trigger I got from John at WOA made all the difference in the world. Option 2 would be a .223 that started life out as a 700 VLS, but a Master Armorer from Crane dropped the barrel, printed the action, Douglas #7 contour, 26", 1/8 twist, Jewel trigger [sweet, sweet, sweet], with a HS detachable magazine puts a 77 SMK into the 3's when I do my part. This one would probably do better, but this getting older isn't all it's cracked up to be. Left over parts still sitting downstairs, sell them off some day to buy some more components. Coyotes galore where I hang out, and winter is just around the corner.Still waiting on some Winchester soft point bullets I've had on order for several months to see how they print in both rifles.

Top Bottom