• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I posted last year about getting my oldest daughter involved in a family tradition of shooting. She enjoyed my Marlin 60 last year so much that I got her a Pink Cricket for Christmas this year. We finally got out to shoot it today.

It took her about 5 shots to figure out the peep sights since she was used to the scope on my .22. Once she had it figured out, she was right on target.

She's pointing to her hit in the center of the steel plate. She was closer to the middle than daddy and papaw (the shots around her finger).

Beer can's beware...she's gunning for you!

I did notice that even though she's scoring a hit on the steel here, she was popping her head up to see if she hit. Gonna have to work on that a bit in the future, but the rest of her technique was very good. She's a natural.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid221.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fdd136%2Fjblomenberg16%2F20150628_180232_zps0djbrdrt.mp4&title=">

A happy little girl. She didn't want to stop shooting, which was ok by me! I only put 10 rounds through the AR I brought as I was having so much fun watching her shoot. She was so happy she was doing cartwheels!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Your little girl just made herself already more irresistible to you than she already is.
    Wait till she gets so into shooting that she starts asking for one of your own "big guns," or hinting around that she wants one of her own.
    Way to go starting her out with a turnbolt single shot .22LR, though.
    Countless hundreds of millions of Americans started out with exactly that type of gun.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Save those pictures, in fact, start an album of her shooting prowess.
    Then, in too few short years from now, when suitors start to call, pull out those pictures and videos.
    Show her new beaus what a good shot she is...

dibdee83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    indiana
    Awesome. Im taking my 8 year old out tomorrow if weather is decent. She loves to shoot shotgun. Shes not able to hold at her shoulder yet but does great at 10 yards and I figure that's a good start but tomorrow its handguns she really enjoying shooting and has been nagging me for the past month to take her out again:)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I was just thinking the same thing about the legs.

LOL...just saw that. Hadn't gotten past the smile on her face when I took it. :)

I'm off Friday for the 4th, and asked her what she wanted to do. She said kind of meekly....maybe go shooting again? I hope I didn't sound too eager to go again!!!

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I too have a young daughter so I know how it feels when you take them shooting. Mine absolutely loves going to the range with Dad. Taking her again this Friday! Keep up the great job!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    How did your steel get so pitted?

It had an acne problem when it was younger :)

Some of it was probably due to shooting at closer range than we should have, some of it was from M855, and some of it was richochettes off the ground. Those were the first steel targets I ever bought and IIRC I think they were AR400, so a little less hard than the AR500 that most folks use now. I do have some AR500 plates that don't have near the pock marks.

Top Bottom