My daughter was accepted to Rose-Hulman!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Congrats! I graduated from Rose back in 1992, before it was co-ed. There is no question that the education provided is top notch. Graduating from Rose opened a lot of doors for me. While the coursework was grueling at times, a Rose grad enters the workforce as prepared as any, and more so than most.

Indy 1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Congrats. Especially on the scholarship part. I have a freshman at IU and senior in high school going to Vincennes in the fall both with full rides. Oldest is fighting the good fight with the libs in Bloomington, like I had to in the mid 80s. Best of luck to her at RHIT.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Congrats! I graduated from Rose back in 1992, before it was co-ed. There is no question that the education provided is top notch. Graduating from Rose opened a lot of doors for me. While the coursework was grueling at times, a Rose grad enters the workforce as prepared as any, and more so than most.

Yeah, there are two more of you around here that I know about. It's good that only one of you have OCD, though. LOL!

She wasn't even thinking about Rose, but she stopped through on her way from U. of Illinois to U. of Evansville and fell in love. She said, "They speak math!" She didn't even have an appointment scheduled, but the chair of the math department came down to admissions to talk to her.

It's a little weird that they have maid service in their dorms, but when in Rome...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yeah, there are two more of you around here that I know about. It's good that only one of you have OCD, though. LOL!

She wasn't even thinking about Rose, but she stopped through on her way from U. of Illinois to U. of Evansville and fell in love. She said, "They speak math!" She didn't even have an appointment scheduled, but the chair of the math department came down to admissions to talk to her.

It's a little weird that they have maid service in their dorms, but when in Rome...

Too bad she didn't pick U of E, I could have bought you dinner sometime when you visisted :):

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am

My aunt is one of the people who clean the dorms at Rose. I love the White Chapel there, it is so beautiful. My cousin got married there. I was too dumb for Rose, I went to Vincennes but I did drive by Rose every night for the past few years before I got married on my way home from work.

When you come to town, you got a reason to visit the best gun shop in Terre Haute, Terre Haute Guns.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My aunt is one of the people who clean the dorms at Rose. I love the White Chapel there, it is so beautiful. My cousin got married there. I was too dumb for Rose, I went to Vincennes but I did drive by Rose every night for the past few years before I got married on my way home from work.

When you come to town, you got a reason to visit the best gun shop in Terre Haute, Terre Haute Guns.

I'll make sure to stop by the shop when I'm there in April.

Wow, they also have a rifle team!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My eldest graduated from RHIT with a ton of student debt. Even with a fair sized chunk of scholarship $. I wasn't in a position to help him much. But he's gainfully employed and diligently killing his debt.

He's Mr. Wizard with math and Rose was a great place that spoke his language and had tons of smart kids from a lot of different backgrounds. A broadening experience for a young man from a small town. Met his spouse there. She also had a full ride but after her freshman yr transferred
    to the fashion institute of New York to pursue her passion (design). Versus her non-passion, (civil engineering). She is a past Valedictorian of Arlington HS in Arlington, TX.

Congratulate your daughter for me, Que. She will be well served with a degree from Rose. Remind her to make use of the networking contacts she'll make there. Those upperclassmen she gets to know can be very useful when job hunting.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Only losers graduate from Rose-Hulman! LOSERS!

Seriously, though, congratulations! I can think of more fun things schools to attend, but RHIT provides the best undergraduate education in engineering, physical sciences, and math in the world. The best part of that is, the graduates can either get excellent jobs in their chosen field, or they are also incredibly well prepared for any post-graduate study, whether it's grad school in their major, medical school, or law school. Rose-Hulman is all about maximizing potential and being in the best possible position to capitalize upon opportunities to their fullest by being prepared.

Well, that's true except for the huge loser I know who graduated from there, but he's the exception to the rule!

I am so proud of my little girl. She applied to 11 colleges and have been accepted to all of them so far. After taking the separate subject SAT for Harvard and Princeton, we are still waiting on them. But, she has recently been accepted to her first-choice, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology! They have offered her a full-ride scholarship for her tuition and will be inviting her to interview for another scholarship to cover her room and board. I pray she gets this, because that place charges a lot for a hard mattress and spaghetti. ;)

I know three alumni of RH on INGO. They are all great guys and although they are very smart, they have common sense. It's the people that really attracted my daughter to the university and I suspect she'll accept their offer, even if she gets the nod from the Ivy Leagues. I guess I'll be traveling back to Indiana pretty often! Now to get her connected with Cory and Erica at Range Time for some firearm training. My daughter will not touch a gun, but hopefully Erica can provide a level of comfort I've not been able to instill in her.

Top Bottom