• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    hey there ingoers. i need some assistance with my dog. i took her to the vet today to have a lump looked at and they're telling me it needs to be removed. i unfortunately don't have the funds to take care of her. ive set up a donation site on gofundme.com. if anyone can help even a little it would be most appreciated. Brownie is the sweetest dog i've ever had and she still has years of life left. here's the link to the donation site. thanks looking and helping if you can. -joe
    Brownie's Surgery Fund by Joseph Kubala - GoFundMe

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wish I could afford to donate indyjack, goodluck sir!

This. I would love to be able to help you

I don't know where you're located but if you can make it, head down to Bean Blossom. You'll have a long wait but the vet there is wonderful and so cheap your jaw will drop when you get the bill. I took a cat there for what would have easily been a $200 service and left only $30 poorer...with enough meds for her to last well over a month. It's well worth the drive and the wait

ws98ta

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This. I would love to be able to help you

I don't know where you're located but if you can make it, head down to Bean Blossom. You'll have a long wait but the vet there is wonderful and so cheap your jaw will drop when you get the bill. I took a cat there for what would have easily been a $200 service and left only $30 poorer...with enough meds for her to last well over a month. It's well worth the drive and the wait
    + 1
    we took our dogs there for teeth cleaning. I think the total bill was less than $50 for 2 dogs.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Not knowing your dog's symptoms nor the vet's review, I personally would go get a second opinion from another vet. Our dog had a growth under the skin on his throat. First vet said that we had to have it removed for some insanely high amount. We went to another vet and that vet said it was just a fatty mass and that while it might grow slightly, would be of no harm to the dog. 8 years later, the dog is still kicking just like he always was.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My Sister's dog needed knee surgery. In Indianapolis the surgery was $3,000. In my hometown, the surgery was 1,000. We drove to our hometown.

Call around to some smaller communities.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    If the lump is on her breast and feels like stones it needs to be removed, if it's a soft lump somewhere else get a second opinion,and maybe a biopsy.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Unlike human medicine, surgical procedures are not the same at each hospital so you can't compare prices as if they are apples and apples.

The real question here is if the vet explained their reasoning for removal and whether or not they tried (or talked about whether it would be helpful) to get a needle biopsy before removal.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I love INGO and I love people. I'll be sharing this with as many people as I can. If it was anyone on here that gave $250, I'd like to buy you dinner or SOMETHING, so please PM me.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I love INGO and I love people. I'll be sharing this with as many people as I can. If it was anyone on here that gave $250, I'd like to buy you dinner or SOMETHING, so please PM me.
    :+1:. Shows what a caring and connected community this is. Sorry I can't contribute, I have no doubt you will reach your goal though.

Last edited:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Where are the tumors located? Is Brownie spayed? If she has breast tumors her hormones will fuel their growth if she isn't spayed.

As far as second opinions go, if you need one I work for a not for profit vet clinic in Richmond. It is only $10 to see the vet. Our surgeries are very affordable too. We have walk in vet clinics on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from noon to 4:00 if you are interested. Here's a link to our web page.

Animal Care Alliance - Low-Cost Veterinary Clinic

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    hey there ingoers. i need some assistance with my dog. i took her to the vet today to have a lump looked at and they're telling me it needs to be removed. i unfortunately don't have the funds to take care of her. ive set up a donation site on gofundme.com. if anyone can help even a little it would be most appreciated. Brownie is the sweetest dog i've ever had and she still has years of life left. here's the link to the donation site. thanks looking and helping if you can. -joe
    Brownie's Surgery Fund by Joseph Kubala - GoFundMe

Definitely Doc Brester in Beanblossm is your go to guy. Our vet, Scott Royer, operated on our LGS for cancer and it was 3 - 400 dollars. Every Tumor does Not need to be removed, Only the cancerous ones. Purdue charged more than the Vet and that was included in the bill.

4915 State Road 135 North
    Nashville, IN 47448

Phone (812)988-7922
    Fax (812)988-6403

Scott Royer

Royer Veterinary Service

118 S Commercial Street
    Worthington, IN 474711712 - View Map
    39.11779 -86.97717

Top Bottom