• ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    That is very nice. :)

What kind of MV can you push with a 24" barrel? And what MV do you dial back to so you preserve the throat life to more than 1K rounds?

Hornady 140gr ELD's are rated at 2710fps. I'm not too worried about throat life. I don't shoot a ton, and swapping out a barrel is cheap and easy compared to the cost of a couple thousand rounds.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Ooooohhh, finally decided to got with the 6.5. Lol

You should be able to get around 2800 with those 140 ELDM's with handloads. Out of my 26" barrel I'm getting 2865 with them and 2837 with the 142 SMK's. And I would be surprised if I don't see at least 2k out of this barrel. Typical barrel life is 2500-2800.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    You'll definitely like it and should be a great fit for that rifle. Look forward to hearing about it.

I just sold my chassis and waiting on the KRG X-ray to show up probably early next week and mine will be back in operation.

If you do hand load for this and you have some 22-250 brass or .243 brass laying around it's easily converted to 6.5CM.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    ^^^ Well that's awesome! Patience, do you know the finished weight?

ChristianPatriot, are you scrapping the old rifle, or just adding another to the stable? (Insert joke about selling dream rifle here.) :D

I do not. I'll ballpark it this weekend on the bathroom scale when I get home. It's too heavy for my postal or my powder scale.:rolleyes:

Looking at a Silencerco Omega to hang on the end. Gonna try the Sims Rubber bbl donut on it next time out.

Top Bottom