• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Completed my first gun purchase today. Sig pro2022 9mm with siglites.
    Pic when i can..
    Comes with one 15 capacity (clip only ).
    I plan on adding to my collection as well but waited long enough for this purchase contemplating for about 9 months and of course waited for the panic to somewhat fade. I have shot before but has been several years and this is my first owned.
    In no particulr order my gun shoppingexperieces...keep in mind my research and focus was a sig or could be swayed.
    Gander mountain..great selection, always busy , but holy cow , they were way over sig list price!! No way paying that on principal...but i get it.
    Indy safety in fishers..nice folks (frankly the nicest in my travels) but very limited selection. Expensive transfers but would for sure use them if i buy on internet due to location and pleasant attitude..
    Plainfield shooting...fair selection.. Very limited sigs..nice people and actually asked me if they could help.
    Orion in jeffersonville, large store, limited sigs..lots of glocks..didnt ask for any help..
    Indiana gun club...pretty nice selection..went there to get sig tacops but it was sold. My bad experience there was having some cops and company bs forever with clerk while i waited 25 minutes cmon..and it was bs..Good store and selection imo. No i dont hate cops...ps it was fortville pd if wondering.
    Bradis...well..should have bought my tacops when i seen it there oh well. Week later it was gone but did in fact purchase my sig 2022 there today! I did not see anywhere else and jumped on it as it was one on my list..good price imo at bradis. Folks seemed helpful..they did not have a holster or extra clip though.

Soooo.. My take is selection varies widely obviously besides comments above. My opinion only the best pricing/ value was indiana gun club and bradis for what i was looking for and only my opinion. I am in fishers so pretty good haul for some locations. I really did not have a terrible experience anywhere except some goofy customers.

I didnt get the chance to check out more places but wanted share if helpful. Oh and maybe some advice if i was a lgs, it really doesnt take much to update a website with inventory...it really would be helpful. I get it you will sell it without but just an observation as someone who is rarely the customer.

Now some questions please if someone has the time and expertise please.
    Cc holster for this gun? One that really fits this gun or should i get the sig one on site? I will not carry most of the time.
    I have a standard rail...did not really want light but a green laser would be cool, thoughts even with a light where/ what to buy assume online? The sig one had poor reviews.
    Online extra mags and what kind? I think you can only get the 15 max.
    What would be good home defence ammo brand etc. and then range ammo? Usa only please.

Recommend any persons for refresher training and or places to shoot? Its been long enough to forget old habits and would like top advice.

Thanks to all and this forum and great local gun stores..

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Congrats! Love Sig Sauer handguns, but my ***** with them is the one magazine they provide, the lack of availability to get more and the price of additional mags even from THEIR website!
    1.) Try look at ITAC, since I purchased their holster for my Sig Mosquito and would definitely buy other models for other handguns! Here are a few sites for some others

Sig Sauer Holsters Directly From Producer

Buy Fobus Holsters (Shipping Worldwide)

2.) As I mentioned in my rant, magazines for any Sig gun are expensive and hard to get at a reasonable price. The only downside of owning a Sig IMO
    3.) Personal defense rounds.... Wow where to begin here? Hornady of course. ;) They make great ammo. But any hollow point is better than none. ;)

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Ammunition :: Handgun :: Choose by Caliber :: 9mm Luger :: 9MM 135 gr FlexLock® Critical DUTY®

4.) Lasers.... I will get alot of arguement on this one, but I dont care for them. I think that it "untrains" your brain from learning and continuing to fire your pistol in an efficient manner. Lets face it! Steel sites dont require batteries and what happens if you trained yourself to use a laser, then the laser quits functioning? Just a thought :)

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    That's a fine firearm you picked up today, Congrats! I have been pleased with my experience a Bradis as well. I bet you can't wait to get to the range and try it out!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The SIGPro SP2022 is a fine weapon. Punches way above its weight, price wise. For extra SIG magazines, I recommend GregCotellc.com if you can't find them locally. Great stock and prices usually, although EVERYTHING is hard to find right now. You might look to one of the forum advertisers or INGO Hobbyists to make you a holster. Many of them can make you a custom holster for less than the cost of a bought one with shipping. I roll my own range ammo, but for carry purposes I use the Speer Gold Dot line of ammunition, or the Federal HST. I don't go much for the handgun lasers. My S&W Bodyguard BUG has one and I just never use it.

BikeMobile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Congratulations on your purchase. Thank you for the tour of local gun stores. I too have voted with my wallet at Bradis.
    Definitely agree with your inclination to find good training. Training is available, good luck with anything else. Demand has limited supply to the point many suppliers will not even hazard a guess as to next availability of ammo/holster/sights/....
    Whatever you choose, train with what you carry.

Holster: So far I can recommend from my Holster Box; holster kits from Old Faithful Holsters, and Remora; works best against skin, but is extremely versatile. Took some heat-stretch-cool to fully seat and fit to the pistol, but did conform beautifully with a little effort.

Laser sights: I have had excellent customer service from LaserLyte. "Cheap will be cheap, expensive will not guarantee quality, but a good company will stand behind a quality product." Lasers are a tool that opens options not possible with iron sights. Iron sights are still the foundation you should build on. As has been stated, iron sights need no batteries. Green lasers eat batteries much quicker than red lasers. Lasers can also be a valuable training tool.

Magazines: MidwayUSA. Extra capacity Sig pro2022 mags have been made but I didn't see them at Midway. Reports of some extra capacity mags leaving a gap at the base of the grip that can pinch pinkies.

Ammo: As I read on CCI's website (Lewiston, ID.), they can't make it fast enough. Even training operations are modifying range time to use less ammo while getting the concepts and muscle-memory across. Correct dry practice is invaluable. Home defense ammo is a whole industry of it's own.
    Good general overview and suggestions at-- Ammunition For The Self-Defense Firearm

Range/Training: Eagle Creek Pistol Range is outdoor but under roof, and run by Tactical Firearms Training, LLC. Range open only Saturday and Sunday, 9AM-5PM. No holster activity allowed, "Pistol Ammo Only". See-- Eagle Creek Pistol Range for specifics.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Congrats on the purchase. one thing about bradis is no matter how crowded they will spend as much time with you and you want. you will never feel neglected or rush once you get through the crowd to a salesperson

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks for advice..will check out eagle creek..
    Also i broke down...because i cant wait.. Bought 2 boxes 100 rounds total from cabelas online. Only one they has was remington 9mm ranger sxt law enforcement 147g. Figure it will be my home and practice to start and break it in for now.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Recommend any persons for refresher training and or places to shoot? Its been long enough to forget old habits and would like top advice.

If you figure out the training part first then the rest of your questions tend to get answered through direct personal experience. It will save you time, money, and headache. :yesway:

Top Bottom