• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A friend of mine has done a bunch of the database work for the BMV in the last couple of years. I'll tell him ya'll approve of his efforts!

My BMV has always been a piece of cake. Rarely more than 5 or 6 customers.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Indiana's BMV is light years ahead of the California DMV... please trust me on this. If you go there for ANYTHING - pack a lunch.

Also - the crowd there strongly resembles the Bar scene in Star Wars...

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I went to the Ft. Wayne BMV today on my lunch break, fully expecting to wait in queue for at least an hour, with grouchy customers and impatient employees. But, I was in and out in about 15 minutes, and the best part, NO FIREARM RESTRICTION SIGNS ON THE DOOR! I haven't been there in years and fully expected to see a sign prohibiting firearms. Pleasantly surprised by the sensibility of not denying our 2A rights at the BMV (unless, of course, it is an unposted law, in which case this story is completely fictional)...

Most of the time ours is as well. Fall is bad, with all the new students from OUTSIDE of the country getting DL's, it's rough.

Triton20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    I've been to the South Bend and Mishawaka BMV over the last couple years. I don't think it took more than 10 to 15 minutes at either location.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wow, run a .gov office like a business, what a concept.:D All my recent experiences with BMV, both online and in person have been very good. Thanks Mitch;)

25mux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    All my experiences in the last several years have been very good. Probably have not spent more than 5-6 minutes at the most waiting. Very pleased with my local BMV.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Delphi DMV is fast...I have never waited more than 15 mins before being called to teh counter...the only bad thing is that since I have a CDL, I cant do my license work there...and Lafayette no longer does finger printingt for HazMat....I actually have to go to a storage rental place in Logansport to get my CDL/Hazmat finger printing done. You go into the storage rental office and the guy walks you into the next room and switches hats...its like being with Sam Drucker on Petticoat Junction or Green Acres!!!!

But overall...Delphi are the most down home friendly BMVers around!

I will have to carry next time I am in there to see if they say anything

GONZO!!!

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    The one here in Bloomington, when last I was there was poo (slow but the people were nice).

Ellettsville bmv is fast and the folks are nice there as well. So I always try to go to this one.

My last time at the Bloomington BMV was awesome. I had to renew my license on that day, because I was going to Chicago the next day and it had expired (of course I had not realized it). Got there and realized since I switched address I needed two things with my new address on them, I had 15 minutes till they closed. I found one bill and could not find anything else, emptied my whole wallet on the counter, with nothing. Then the attendant said,
    "Hey, do you have a LTCH?", I said, "I sure do!". Five minutes later walked out with my new license. :rockwoot:

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I think the move to online renewals and other self-service features have gone a long way towards making the BMV more efficient.

Very true. I haven't been into a BMV building for years because I do it all online. I had to go in because of needing to change my address. There were 4 people waiting when I walked in, and the 15 minutes was total in-the-door to out-the-door. Very impressed with the new and improved BMV.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    My theory is that the large increase in online renewals, etc., has reduced the load on the brick & mortar BMV locations to the point where they've actually become fairly reasonable to use in the last couple of years! The wife and I have done all our business online for a number of years now (just one example).

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I lived in chicago-land for a few years and thought I would slit my wrists when I went to their BMV. Forget about waiting 30 minutes, or an hour. Try half a day or more.

Indiana is a utopia of efficient government.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I need to get my poontoon and trailer done, it has been since 2001 since it was registered. That is going to make the wallet a little lighter.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    While I still think it is weird that they are BMVs here, they blow Illinois DMVs out of the water from what I have seen so far.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Whenever you can renew or do business online DO IT. It simplifies the process and keeps you from having to deal with the BMV personnel directly. The online renewel process has eased the burden for those who have to visit in person that these visits are now tolerable. Since there is less traffic in person the inept employees have hopefully been cut loose and the best employees remainto better serve us. This was long overdue and good start.

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    I had to update the address on my drivers license a few months ago to buy a new firearm. I went to the Beechgrove BMV and expected to be there for a few hours. I was in and out within an hour with a temp license. They have really turned their system around for the better.

My address on my license doesn't match my current address and no one has questioned it. I wrote my current address on the 4473 and they looked at my license.

OIIIIIO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    I went into the Plymouth branch last month. I was the only customer in there with at least 5 employees. I started to walk up to one of the stations and no one acknowledged that I was even there. I kind of looked around and saw the dealio to take a number. Walked over and took a number, I immediately heard, sir I can take you over here. In and out in about 5 minutes.

Just need to follow procedures I guess!

GtEcH25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Bloomington
    The bloomington branch for me has been very easy. I've had to register 4 vehicles and its been very easy every time, less than 20 minutes. I will be going in soon for custom plates. Hope the dont prove me wrong.

Top Bottom