• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Last weekend, I packed up my family and headed to Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky. We made a stop in Toledo for the kids to spend some time on a trampoline first. We stayed in a local hotel that night and headed to The Lodge Sunday morning. Left Monday afternoon.

I did my research first and was aware of the duty to inform, signs hold the weight of the law and the alcohol rule (no drinking in an establishment that serves it while carrying.) Really the only thing I did different than at home was drive past the front door of the business before going in so I could see if they had any "no gun" signs posted.

The Lodge was the only place I went to that had the signs. Everywhere else allowed guns. This included several restaurants, the first hotel, gas stations and retail shops.

I didn't drink and didn't get stopped by any po-po's so I had no issues. I did unload and store my EDC while walking into the Lodge as I didn't want to leave it in my vehicle.

BTW, the Lodge was fantastic. We got a free room upgrade for no reason. The kids had a log cabin with bunk beds and a TV in our room. The staff was really friendly and the water park was awesome.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    The no gun signs aren't nearly as much of an issue as I first thought they would be when I moved to Ohio. I've spotted a few here and there but they're generally in places I don't frequent anyway so it doesn't bother me.

The biggest issue I have now is the required training prior to getting my Ohio CCW. OC is legal without it but my wife and I will still be complying and applying as soon as we are eligible to do so.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I thought it applied to having alcohol in your system outside of your home, not just establishments that serve liquor.

I didn't look into the particulars that hard because I knew I wouldn't be drinking while on our trip. Once in a while, 1 beer can give me a horrible migraine and I won't take that chance when I'm away from home or doing important things with my family.

Top Bottom