• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    Hello, I've been lurking here on and off and figured I'd post my experience. I was in Alberts jewelry store (CCing) a few months back looking for an engagement ring. I ended up dropping close to 4 grand on a ring. Went back to gave it inspected and cleaned recently and noticed a very small, almost hard to see "no firearms" sign. Had I seen this sign prior to giving them my money I would have went elsewhere. Since they already had my money there's not much I could do, except get MY ring somewhere else. I forgot about the whole thing until today when I checked my mail and I got something from them so I called the store to have them remove me from their mailing list. I talked to a manager about why I wanted to be removed and he said he carries as well and didn't even know the sign was posted. He referred me to the proper person to discuss my disappointment. I received a call from another manager and I told him he has lost a customer because of his sign and had I seen that sign before I spent my money I would have went elsewhere. He replied he has many friends in the NRA and many friends who have "lots of guns" and told me he thought it would "**** them off" if he put the sign up but they told him it wouldn't. He told me his staff, including security, feel "threatened" when someone with a holstered gun comes in the store. He proceeded to tell me I was the first one it "pissed off" and he doesn't want to lose a customer over it but he won't take it down. So I replied "I'm more than one customer, have a nice day" as I know many people who have spent thousands here and carry. I've spoke with some of them and they told me they haven't seen the sign either (it is a small clear decal with black lettering in the lower right corner of the window) This is not a post to talk about just covering it up (he even suggested I do so). Even though I was CCing that day I alternate accordingly and told him so I choose to carry how I want just like I will chose to take my business elsewhere. Any way I just wanted to post my experience with them to let you all know, maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion but aren't we trying to win?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I OC'd in Shane Co. just before Mother's Day looking like a slob and they treated me with utmost respect. Got my money, too.

Reminds me of my Papa Johns experience here. They were posted. When I saw the sign I did a 360 and the manager asked me if something was wrong? I told him politely we were not welcome and pointed to his sign. He said we just put it up. I told him his store his call but chain pizza is mostly the same so we can go elsewhere. I sent them an email letting them we would no longer get pizza from Papa John's.

No response, then about three months later we got a response stating that they had removed their sign and offered a free pizza.

Wonder how much business they must have lost to reverse their position.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Hmmm. I've never seen that sign before but believe I've only CCed in there. Of course, I haven't been in there for about 3 years and I wasn't a customer (The wife ordered an inscribed retirement watch), so I was free to look around. Must be new.:dunno:

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    Hmmm. I've never seen that sign before but believe I've only CCed in there. Of course, I haven't been in there for about 3 years and I wasn't a customer (The wife ordered an inscribed retirement watch), so I was free to look around. Must be new.:dunno:
    It's actually an easy sign to miss, clear decal with black lettering located in lower right corner of the windows to the right of the door.

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    Reminds me of my Papa Johns experience here. They were posted. When I saw the sign I did a 360 and the manager asked me if something was wrong? I told him politely we were not welcome and pointed to his sign. He said we just put it up. I told him his store his call but chain pizza is mostly the same so we can go elsewhere. I sent them an email letting them we would no longer get pizza from Papa John's.

No response, then about three months later we got a response stating that they had removed their sign and offered a free pizza.

Wonder how much business they must have lost to reverse their position.
    At least you got the win there! I guess they don't want my thousands. It's unfortunate really, they have some good prices. I just wish I would have saw it prior. Could have flashed my cash, pointed at the sign and walked out.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    I think a lot of these companies post easy to miss signs in order to make their insurance people and employees feel better while still giving customers who carry an out. "Oh, I didn't see the sign."

As a business they're probably going to try to please the most people possible and probably also save money by prohibiting weapons on the premises. While I personally avoid spending money at businesses like that I can see why they do what they do. Like most of you here, I also tell them why they won't get my business.

At the end of the day, it's private property. As long as they're not baking cakes, they're free to do what they like.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I oc'd twice last week at regal theater and didn't notice it was posted till I was outside the second time. I carry a big noticeable sidearm (13") and the manager and staff treated me well both times. No firearm policy I could find on the website, just a small one on the window.

I think insurance appeasement is dead on.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Alberts is way over priced. They have topay for their billboards, TV and radio advertising.

I OC in Griffith jewlers all the time and have never had the slightest reaction. They are 2 doors north of Blythes.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks OP for the post.
    But why on earth would you go to that place for jewelry?
    OVERPRICED and a bunch of other stuff is what they area.
    They will NEVER get any of my money EVER.

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    Thanks OP for the post.
    But why on earth would you go to that place for jewelry?
    OVERPRICED and a bunch of other stuff is what they area.
    They will NEVER get any of my money EVER.
    I know I know, it chaps my ass that they got my money but they won't get any more. Someone mentioned Griffith Jewelers, which is local to me so I will have to check them out. I also relayed this to someone I know who has spent more than 10 big ones with them and they weren't happy. We aren't talking about them missing out on a couple pizza sales here.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The real offense is that the OP went to Albert's after watching their commercials and seeing their billboards. Their advertising is terrible!

Top Bottom