• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My Bloomington FFL just called to tell me my tack driver Sig rifle was lost in the delivery process.

Who knows where it is! I do know they are looking for it!

Geessh!

I'm glad it was lost! It's people like you that are driving this country down the drain. You go and buy your rifle online just to save $25? Now look where that has gotten you. That rifle will probably end up on the street in the hands of some gangbanger just because you woudln't support your LGS. Next time, take the drive to a local store and by your guns there!

;)

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm glad it was lost! It's people like you that are driving this country down the drain. You go and buy your rifle online just to save $25? Now look where that has gotten you. That rifle will probably end up on the street in the hands of some gangbanger just because you woudln't support your LGS. Next time, take the drive to a local store and by your guns there!

;)

I've been saying this for months by the time you factor in shipping, ffl transfer fee are you really saving anything?

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I work for UPS, and I feel the same thing. I've seen some really nice guitars and such just launched into a plane.

On a musician's forum I used to frequent, a guy posted a pic of the box the $3500 custom Dingwall bass he waited for 18 months to get was shipped in. Right above the FRAGILE sticker was a size 13 boot print.

Both the outer and inner boxes were crushed and the packing styrofoam was decimated. Angled headstock was cracked and a bunch of other damage was done. What the hell goes on at the hubs?

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    I think instances like this are used by the same people that want to restrict us from shipping ammunition aren't they? You will obvsiouly end up getting a rifle one way or another, but if that rifle was stolen you don't know in what hands it will end up.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've had my UPS guy carry in a T5 transmission, a 1000' spool of RG8 cable, a Di Acro corner notcher, signal generators, things like that. He still doesn't hate me.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    On a musician's forum I used to frequent, a guy posted a pic of the box the $3500 custom Dingwall bass he waited for 18 months to get was shipped in. Right above the FRAGILE sticker was a size 13 boot print.

Both the outer and inner boxes were crushed and the packing styrofoam was decimated. Angled headstock was cracked and a bunch of other damage was done. What the hell goes on at the hubs?

It's all about speed speed speed. When I was at FedEx our (relatively small) team had right about 3.5 hours to fully load 2 aircraft and get them out on time. Any delays caused by us were a HUGE deal.

For the short time I spent loading containers, I tried to be as careful as possible, but sometimes it just doesn't work. Especially with big heavy stuff, it typically gets dropped from the slide down 2-3 feet onto a metal grate walkway and then shoved or kicked into place.

If you get a "fragile" box early on, you can't set it aside and load it last, it has to go in then, so big heavy stuff might get piled on top of it.

The only things I personally was super careful with were live animals, reptiles and fish. Others didn't care what was in the box.

I once had 3 huge boxes of US Army training rifles bust open coming down the slide to me. People were flipping out thinking they were real.

tlfuller27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nappanee,IN
    Hey I seen your gun tonight it was on the news.DC police have it and the other guy wants his tv. Id perfer the sig gun instead. Sorry man I couldnt refuse. BUt it has to be frustrating how do the company lose a gun.:draw:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Fixed it for you.

I was referring to the comment about launching it into the plane, not the losing it piece.

;)

Thought you were serious there for a minute, until I saw the ;)

I've been saying this for months by the time you factor in shipping, ffl transfer fee are you really saving anything?

Uhm... yes, you can. I actually have only purchased 1 gun via internet as opposed to in person, however, even after FFL fee (shipping was free/included) there was a significant savings.

I think instances like this are used by the same people that want to restrict us from shipping ammunition aren't they? You will obviously end up getting a rifle one way or another, but if that rifle was stolen you don't know in what hands it will end up.

Is it somehow supposed to be the purchaser's responsibility that the shipper lost the gun? Are you implying that the purchaser has some responsibility for where that gun ends up? Whether he buys the gun from an LGS or online and has it transferred through an FFL, a shipper was involved just the same.

My bet is the ATF had it redirected to Mexico ;)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    When I worked at UPS in Hodgkins IL back in 2000, I found a rem 700 bolt bouncing around on the conveyor.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    In the begining of May this year I sent a handgun to Kahr Arms. USPS Priority Insured mail with delivery receipt.
    It was never seen again until the Post Office found
    it in Iowa at the end of June. Takes about 4 to 6 weeks to receive a insurance claim and low and behold the gun made it to the factory in Massachusettes before the check was cut. Go figure :dunno:

:ingo::patriot:

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City

;)

I buy online to save $100's of greenbacks!! You could go to the GSOTY and pay $700 bucks for an XDM 45 in all black, or you could buy it online for $589 @buds. Factor in the shipping $0, taxes $0, and FFL fee $15 that is $604 OTD. Compare that to about $749 OTD to the greatest shop in Indy. Who willingly pays $145 more?? That = 350+ rounds of factory ammo for me and my 45.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I buy online to save $100's of greenbacks!! You could go to the GSOTY and pay $700 bucks for an XDM 45 in all black, or you could buy it online for $589 @buds. Factor in the shipping $0, taxes $0, and FFL fee $15 that is $604 OTD. Compare that to about $749 OTD to the greatest shop in Indy. Who willingly pays $145 more?? That = 350+ rounds of factory ammo for me and my 45.

I think you missed where that post was a joke.

Top Bottom