• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I actually have a gun that Allen put together. ChurchMouse sold it to me when I mentioned that I was looking for a 1911 to learn how to do some learning. I carry and shoot 1911s and wanted a gun I could take apart, fit triggers, learn to tension extractors, play with recoil springs, etc. What I got is a bit of a frankengun but it shoots great! I am wanting a TRP but maybe sending Allen's old gun back to him to really finish would be just the ticket. I really like front strap checkering and undercut trigger guard. I am the type of guy that really appreciates craftsmanship and something a little special.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Awesome! Did you just start out learning on a gun or was there a scrap to practice on first? That would make me so nervous!!

It did make me nervous but I just dove in and did it with no practice. The owner helped out, he knew it was my first and didn't have a lot into the gun so he was ok with me experimenting on his. for a discount :)

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Well you did a great job! I have always loved machining.....like learning how stuff like that is done. Never would have dreamed this is how you do that.....it's almost an artistic thing.

Quick question, how do they put square holes in something? Is it a press that cuts squares or can you machine squares?

If my ship ever comes in......I could spend some time and money with you. Love the machine work you did to that Glock of USDS, them cutout areas at front of slide, that's hot!

Top Bottom