• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I have just completed my first attempt at reloading .45 using 230gr coated RN from Summit City Bullets.

Using lead RN load data, I put 5.5gr of W231 under them with an OAL of 1.263".

Going to test them in the SA TRP 1911 shortly.
    The FMJ is a factory American Eagle to compare.
    1615409936791.jpeg 1615409980451.jpeg

Last edited:

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Looking good!!
    Just loaded up the my first 500 124grn 9mm's from summit city bullets and love them, shot great
    Thanks to a fellow inguner i just got a a set of 45 dies so ill be loading these up as well.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Not being critical.....well maybe I am....that looks like a HUGE "1st" batch.

I know nothing of your reloading experience and it may be extensive but I usually start out with 5 of a chosen load and start working from there.

I am not sure if your end goal is accuracy or just go bang and hit something but there is nothing worst than having spent the time to press a bunch of round and have a problem with them feeding, cycling, over pressure, or minute of barn accuracy.

On the flip side I am happy you are getting into reloading and they look good to me. You have now fallen down the rabbit hole....GOD HELP YOU SOUL!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You should do a plunk test before you hit the range. Just to be sure they fit the chamber on your pistol. If to long you can do adjustments before hitting the range.

Top Bottom