• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for all the comments. Researched the stock finish a lot, and found out that is a never ending argument. Was torn between tung and linseed, ended up going with BLO. The stock has darkened up nicely after two coats, and am gonna give it a couple more. I've lubed her up well with Lubriplate in all the right places, and am hoping to run the rifle through it's paces in the next couple days.

Nothing wrong with BLO either. There are definitely guys that swear by it, and guys that swear by PTO. Much like the Glock vs. XD, or 9mm vs. 45 debate. The most important thing is that you are happy with the way it looks. I have a dry stock like that on my Springfield M1a and its getting some TLC with PTO.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Its been a while so can somebody explain the process, cost, involvement of the process? Thanks also what are the guns selling for now days?

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its been a while so can somebody explain the process, cost, involvement of the process? Thanks also what are the guns selling for now days?

Fill out paper work from CMP. Provide copy of birth certificate. Provide proof of membership in CMP recognized club (Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Association for me.) Provide proof of marksmanship (carry license.) Get notarized. Mail.

Ordering info and forms: Ordering Information | Civilian Marksmanship Program

Rifles and prices: M1 Garand | Civilian Marksmanship Program

I.A.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Logansport, IN
    Fill out paper work from CMP. Provide copy of birth certificate. Provide proof of membership in CMP recognized club (Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Association for me.) Provide proof of marksmanship (carry license.) Get notarized. Mail.

Ordering info and forms: Ordering Information | Civilian Marksmanship Program

Rifles and prices: M1 Garand | Civilian Marksmanship Program

They will accept an Indiana carry license as proof of marksmanship? I was under the impression that it had to actually include proof of live fire training. That's great if that's all it take though, as that was one of the things holding me up with getting an M1 through the CMP.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    They will accept an Indiana carry license as proof of marksmanship? I was under the impression that it had to actually include proof of live fire training. That's great if that's all it take though, as that was one of the things holding me up with getting an M1 through the CMP.

I've bought one using the LTCH as proof,my brother has bought several from the CMP using his.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    So jealous. By the time I can afford a good one now, I wont be able to afford them anymore. lol I just wish theyd quit stopping them from being imported back from overseas, it would be nice to have them back in our hands.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    So jealous. By the time I can afford a good one now, I wont be able to afford them anymore. lol I just wish theyd quit stopping them from being imported back from overseas, it would be nice to have them back in our hands.

Find a way to save $20 every week for a year and you'll have enough for your Garand + some food to feed it. It is a very good investment.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I've always wanted one, and now I've finally got one. Super excited! Waiting on the FedEx truck this morning was kinda like waiting on Christmas when I was a kid.

CMP Special Grade. Receiver is a Springfield from march of '43. New Criterion barrel, new walnut, and all GI metal, freshly parked. Gonna have to oil the stock (pretty dry.) Can't wait to get her out to the range and ring some steel!
    View attachment 39434
    View attachment 39435

Freedom overload....:patriot: :rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom