• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Well, after debating for a few months, i've decided it's time. I just purchased my first supressor (Thompson Machine Zephyr) from SSNFA and wanted a rifle host to go with my P22.

This is the first rifle i ever purchased with my own money. I was in jr. high and wanted a good squirrel/plinking gun. I bought an all weather Ruger 10/22 with the boat paddle stock. Over the years it's safe to say that this gun as been through hell and back and has had probably at least 50,000-75,000 shells put through her and has taken many small game.

She's looked like this since day one...

picture.php

And now!!!!

picture.php

picture.php

With what its been through it still holds decent groups for its age but i wanted to tighten them up a bit. So this morning, i took the plunge! This is the list so far:

Hi-Desertdog 16" Threaded Fluted Stainless barrel

Hogue overmolded stock

Power Customs hammer, sear, shims and springs

Power Customs scope rail

Leupold rings

Hopefully everything will be here by the middle of next week. I can't wait to get started! I'll post before and after pics when i get her done! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Well, after debating for a few months, i've decided it's time. I just purchased my first supressor (Thompson Machine Zephyr) from SSNFA and wanted a rifle host to go with my P22.

This is the first rifle i ever purchased with my own money. I was in jr. high and wanted a good squirrel/plinking gun. I bought an all weather Ruger 10/22 with the boat paddle stock. Over the years it's safe to say that this gun as been through hell and back and has had probably at least 50,000-75,000 shells put through her and has taken many small game.

With what its been through it still holds decent groups for its age but i wanted to tighten them up a bit. So this morning, i took the plunge! This is the list so far:

Hi-Desertdog 16" Threaded Fluted Stainless barrel

Hogue overmolded stock

Power Customs hammer, sear, shims and springs

Power Customs scope rail

Leupold rings

Hopefully everything will be here by the middle of next week. I can't wait to get started! I'll post before and after pics when i get her done! :rockwoot:

I went with many of the same PC parts that you did and really like them. I havn't decided on what stock I eventually plan to run yet, for that matter I havn't settled on a barrel either. Would love to hear how you like yours. I threw a simmons 4-12x40 optics on mine and so far have been really happy with those results as well. Pics of yours would be great, results of the improvements would be even better. Be sure to keep us posted on how things go.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Your build list sounds good. Post pics of it when you get it done. Be careful though, building 10/22s is very addictive. I'm working on my third one right now.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I just finished putting together a similar build. I used the Hogue nylon stock because it's stiffer, along with a fluted Green Mountain barrel with Tech Sights.

It's a great shooter, but if I had to do it again, I would consider getting trigger work done by some of the guys on Rimfire Central, instead of the PC stuff.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Thanks guys, I'm planning on doing before and after pics with a comparison from old to new when i get all of the parts. I just checked, everything but the barrel are in indy waiting to go on a ups truck! The barrel still hasn't left Nevada, they told me they'd try to mail it out sat., but would go out monday at the latest.

I'm already looking at more action mods (bolt, extractor, safety, ect...) to do in the near future, but this will work as a good starting point.

Stay tuned!

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    It's really, really easy to do the bolt release mod. It took me maybe ten minutes, and that included taking the part out of the gun, Dremmeling it, and reinstalling it. Don't drop $15 on a new one when you can mod it yourself.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    10/22 build

I sent my bbl to HDD and had them cut it to 16.5" thread it for my
    suppressor(90 days and counting). And will get the Pro Mag Marauder
    Conv when it comes out.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Hey JByer323,
    Which Tech sight did you pick the 100 or 200. I been lookingat those for a Appleseed project rifle. Thanks

Another sight set that is often overlooked are sights from NoDak. The NDS 37 is more AR A2 style, rather than the M1 Carbine style of the Tech and the NoDak NDS 23 front sight is made to work with a bull (.920) barrel.

NoDak Spud NDS-22 receivers

AppleseedNDS-22.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Looks nice. You made a good choice on that suppressor, and Corey is great to deal with. My only suggestion would be to pick up a bolt buffer to quiet up the action.

Top Bottom