• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Prayers for your friend and those she left behind.

One of the first troops I ever supervised went on duty one night after I moved to another base, stuck a 12 guage in his mouth, and pulled the trigger. He'd gotten into a fight with his wife before work an slapped her. He'd had issues before I was assigned as his supervisor, and instructed to work with him. He seemed to have turned around, and really was a dedicated SP. Reckon I should have kicked him out of the AF instead of investing the effort. Always have wondered if he would have shot himself if he'd not been in a position to be alone with that gun.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss Joe. These actions are always difficult and nearly impossible for those left behind to understand. My most serious condolences to you and Misty's other friends and family in this heart breaking time of loss.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Very Sorry to hear this. I have been through this myself with a friend of the family. Many tears shead and SO MANY unanswered questions as to why.

One minute at a time for a while.

I will remember this family and her friends in prayer.

This may or may not help but I will say it anyway. After this happened to our friend nobody really knew what was taboo to say around the parents. Do you mention the person or wait until they do? Well, I finally just asked and they said that they want to talk about him. They want to be able to share conversation and memories of him. They need people close to them during all the special days like her birthday and so on.

So don't hold back asking them about things they remember about her. They need to be able to talk about the person and feel as normal around people as they can.

This can also be devistating for other relationships within the family as everyone tries to deal with it in their own way.

Top Bottom