• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Im really impressed. How old is that lathe?

Ever heard of ShopSmith? The machine I have is the predecessor to that. It's called a 10ER. It was made by ShopSmith and sold by Montgomery Ward in the early 50's. I bought it on Ebay several years ago for $200. I has a lathe, table saw, drill press, 12 inch disc sander, grinder, drum sander, and a six inch planer. It's going on 60 years old and still runs like a champ. Only thing I've had to do to it is replace the cord and the on/off switch. Other than that I just keep it lubricated and it keeps working.:yesway:

Last edited:

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    that was pretty cool! whats the range of the bb? just curious.

next step is to build one that uses an M80 for a charge and shoots marbles:rockwoot:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    that was pretty cool! whats the range of the bb? just curious.

next step is to build one that uses an M80 for a charge and shoots marbles:rockwoot:

Thanks. Don't know about the range. :dunno: Doubt if I could find that little bb again if I fired it down the road.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Very nice! I've been looking at those kit mini cannons for a couple hundred bucks and your looks better then most of those! Great work!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Have you tested it on ballistic jell and is it rifled?

That kind of testing wouldn't be very useful. The little firecrackers that it uses aren't exactly designed for any kind of consistency. It's probably been fired about 30 times at distances varying from about 3 to 10 feet. About every forth or fifth time the firecracker seems to direct the force to the rear and doesn't propel the projectile very well if at all. Then there were several times the projectile actually fully penetrated the 1/8 inch hardboard used for a target. Most shots just left a nice little impression on the board. No, it is not rifled. I don't think I ever even got a tape measure out when I was building it. I just eyeballed everything. I wouldn't exactly consider it a toy but it was built just to have fun with.

Now that I've given this long detailed answer, I'm starting to wonder if your post was supposed to be purple.:D;)

Top Bottom