My Kahr Arms CW40 did this at the range last week, not happy.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xenokilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Mishawaka
    xenokilla
    So i was at Midwest in Elkhart last Saturday, I was taking a friend of mine who had always wanted to go shooting but never had, I put in a full clip of regular brass rounds, fire off two or three shots, then I pull the trigger and nothing happens. So I put the gun down and see whats pictured below. I was able to clear all the rounds out, and can even get the take town lever out, but I can't separate the upper and the lower. I think I need to RMA it, anyone else seen anything like this?

2012-01-12223646.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I bought a used but new Kahr CW40 back a few weeks ago. It looked like a decent carry gun and seemed to be decent quality. Then I got it home and shot it. Talk about a major POS!!! Jam-o-matic. I took it inside and took it apart to see what was up with it. After getting it broke down I realized it was in fact a poorly designed POS. There were no metal rails in the front of the frame embedded in the polymer. It had them in the rear but not the front like a Glock. I also notice how tall/long the feed ramp was. Tall and steep. I decided right then and there it was not a gun I would what to depend on and promptly returned it.

Other peoples mileage may vary but I am not the least bit impressed with Kahr polymer handguns. There all metal stuff might be better but I will never know.:twocents:

Xenokilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Mishawaka
    I bought a used but new Kahr CW40 back a few weeks ago. It looked like a decent carry gun and seemed to be decent quality. Then I got it home and shot it. Talk about a major POS!!! Jam-o-matic. I took it inside and took it apart to see what was up with it. After getting it broke down I realized it was in fact a poorly designed POS. There were no metal rails in the front of the frame embedded in the polymer. It had them in the rear but not the front like a Glock. I also notice how tall/long the feed ramp was. Tall and steep. I decided right then and there it was not a gun I would what to depend on and promptly returned it.

Other peoples mileage may vary but I am not the least bit impressed with Kahr polymer handguns. There all metal stuff might be better but I will never know.:twocents:

I feel the same way, mine jams often also. I am saving for a replacement EDC but until then i'm stuck with this.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The other side looks the same, forgive me im not good with naming all the parts, but that black rod below the barrel is not supposed to stick out like that.

Normal gun for comparison:

[/IMG]

Thats the recoil rod... It sticking out like that isn't right... Looks like something is binding it up.

The slide won't slide off after taking the take down lever out unless you pull and hold the trigger in. Try doing that if you haven't already. Just make sure you have cleared it again.

Xenokilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Mishawaka
    After going over it again it looks like the spring was put in the wrong way, which allowed the recoil rod to move down the spring and everything to get forked up. I was not the last person to assemble my gun, So the lesson I guess is that no matter what, always check everything, then when your done, check it again.

For those interested see this video for a reassembly: http://youtu.be/aBDcifPT-Ag?t=3m27s

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Yes your PM helped, I didn't think it through all the way the first time I tried, I was a tad annoyed.

Its this bent:

2012-01-14210108.jpg
    The Kahr replacement brochure only lists the stainless guide rod as a replacement. I always think of a firearm as a collection of fine tuned parts. I would replace the spring but I would also turn the bent spring in how it supposed to be and give it a go. the guide rod should help to keep it in place. The replacement guide rod goes for $26.95 according to the factory sheet.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    After going over it again it looks like the spring was put in the wrong way, which allowed the recoil rod to move down the spring and everything to get forked up. I was not the last person to assemble my gun, So the lesson I guess is that no matter what, always check everything, then when your done, check it again.

For those interested see this video for a reassembly: http://youtu.be/aBDcifPT-Ag?t=3m27s

Do you not have the factory manual?

Top Bottom