• ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Man gets probation for killing neighbor after dog urinated on lawn

A 69 year old Marine yells at a 23 year old man for letting his dog **** on his lawn and pulls out a gun.

They argue.

The 69 year old gets punched in the face after reholstering the firearm.

The 69 year old shoots the 23 year old.

lawn.jpg

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    That's what happens when you fail to bring a gun to a gunfight with a Marine. Or when you punch a 69 year old man in the face.

Never start a fight with an old Marine. They won't fight you. They'll just kill you. Good night, Chesty, wherever you are.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    The article is typical Chicago slant. The old guy didn't shoot him for his dog pissing on his yard, he shot him for physically punching him in the face.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Excellent. I'm a bit surprised the guy got off with probation in the Chitcago area, but it just goes to show, don't mess with the old guys, and keep your dog off his lawn.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I wonder if when he reholstered the weapon the young guy said one of the following;

"Yeah, I knew you didn't have the guts"
    "That's right, you better put that away before I take it away from you and beat you with it"
    "I bet it's not even loaded"

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    That's what happens when you fail to bring a gun to a gunfight with a Marine. Or when you punch a 69 year old man in the face.

Never start a fight with an old Marine. They won't fight you. They'll just kill you. Good night, Chesty, wherever you are.

This^ youth and exuberance have nothing on old age and deception!! :D

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    My maternal grandfather wasn't a marine, or a soldier, or even a....member of another branch of the military. He was just an old farmer with a sense of right and wrong. Unlike the men on my father's side, he never even got into a fistfight in his life.

After he was an old man, he watched as two kids got into a fight on the street near his house. The kid who started it got his butt handed to him. The bully/loser's father showed up and proceeded to hold the other kid so his kid could hit him.

This so outraged my grandfather that he went and got the only rifle he had, a single shot .22, and told the guy he'd shoot him if he didn't let the kid go.

Of course, the guy was lucky it wasn't my OTHER grandfather. Grandpa would have just gone out there and beat him to death in front of his son.

Don't ffffffff.....fool around with old men who know right from wrong.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Don't ffffffff.....fool around with old men who know right from wrong.

You absolutely nailed it on the head right there. The old man in the story shouldn't be heralded as a hero nor should he be treated like a criminal. If our society operated as it should everyone who reads the story should shrug their shoulders and think "kid got what he asked for" and go on about their day.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You absolutely nailed it on the head right there. The old man in the story shouldn't be heralded as a hero nor should he be treated like a criminal. If our society operated as it should everyone who reads the story should shrug their shoulders and think "kid got what he asked for" and go on about their day.

This was exactly my reaction when I read it. I'm so tired of the stories including the "outraged reactions" of the "victim's" family. If you had taught your son to be a man instead of assaulting his elders he wouldn't have been in the situation. I don't think the dog peeing on the lawn is a big deal, but if the property owner took offense to it I'd apologize and move on. It certainly wouldn't escalate into punching an elderly man in the face.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I don't think the dog peeing on the lawn is a big deal, but if the property owner took offense to it I'd apologize and move on. It certainly wouldn't escalate into punching an elderly man in the face.

That would involve sucking up ones pride and showing some respect.. something most youth these days are certainly lacking.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    The cap on a wrongful death suit is $50k in Illinois. To a man his age (who's homeowners insurance could end up picking up that tab anyway), most likely not a big deal.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Also interesting to note that the old guy didn't pull out the gun (first time) until AFTER the punk started yelling and cursing at him.

Again, nothing to do with dog pee.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County

And.....if the kid would have had his a** beat by a parent or grandparent when he was younger, he might have learned enough respect for his elders to not act like a jackwagon. My pops retired at age 67 after 30 years in a foundry, and a lifetime of farming. At the age of 68 I saw him lay out a 30 something punk, with one punch. The old man's 87 and on a walker, I still flinch a little when he gets mad.:D

Top Bottom