• ...and so much more!
  • mfirem19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Grant County
    Dear representative Mahan,

I wanted and felt compelled to write you in regards to the gun control proposal by Senator Feinstein in hopes that you feel as strongly as I do in reference to our 2nd amendment right as an American citizen. I understand and realize that in the past several months we have had some horrific issues involving guns. My heart and prayers certainly go out to the families that lost loved ones in these catastrophes. I firmly believe that the problem does not lie in the guns themselves. I feel that in today's society the judicial system itself is a failure to the American people. Representative Mahan, with you being a past sheriff in Blackford county I believe that working in the field of law enforcement you seen repeat offenders more often than you wanted to. We need tougher penalties on those who commit crimes with guns not the law abiding citizen who enjoys the sport of shooting, hunting, or simply collecting guns. I believe 99.9% of all LEGAL gun owners fall into the category of law abiding citizens. I also believe that gun owners, I being one, are fed up with the fact that someone can commit murder with a gun and be out in society within a time frame of say 20 years. unfortunately my rights as a law abiding gun owner with no criminal past whatsoever is being compromised. I can not and will not let law dictate to me when or if and by what means I can protect myself and my family. This is wrong and I firmly believe that we are moving in the wrong direction by disarming law abiding citizens. I can not stand idle in this situation and I ask that you be the voice of many gun owners in your district and VOTE NO ON ANY GUN CONTROL ISSUES that may rise in the near future.
    Furthermore Representative Mahan I am posting this letter on a proud group of Indiana gun owners website called Indiana gun owners. I encourage you to visit the website and I know you will find that anyone involved with this website feels the same as I do.
    Thank you for your time in this matter Representative Mahan and for what you have done for our district in the past as a whole.

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    While the point as a whole is good, I get an extremist vibe, mainly at the part about killing all offenders. I can't see any state representative reading past that point.

mfirem19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Grant County
    I mean that anyone who commits a crime that results in the death of an individual or several individuals should have to pay the ultimate price.

Last edited:

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    The edited version looks good. I agree with you. Even my wife agrees that the main thing we need as a country is a more serious penalty for violent crimes. I agree with the death penalty, but even if you take that off the board and sentence violent criminals to life without parole it would be better than what we have now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Mfirem19 so how much have you donated to his campaign?
    If the answer is 0, then forget about him/her thinking of you when it comes time to vote.
    You want him/her to vote for what you want s/he needs to see the green.

Big Muddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Jasper County
    Mfirem19 so how much have you donated to his campaign?
    If the answer is 0, then forget about him/her thinking of you when it comes time to vote.
    You want him/her to vote for what you want s/he needs to see the green.

Are you suggesting that financial support should be given before proof of support (i.e., voting)?
    If so I must disagree.
    I believe in giving solely to those who recognize the 2nd Amendment -and Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution- as inalienable rights......and who show proof of that recognition, via their votes in the state houses.
    If our representatives will only respond when money is involved- then we have the wrong people filling those jobs to begin with.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Are you suggesting that financial support should be given before proof of support (i.e., voting)?
    If so I must disagree.
    I believe in giving solely to those who recognize the 2nd Amendment -and Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution- as inalienable rights......and who show proof of that recognition, via their votes in the state houses.
    If our representatives will only respond when money is involved- then we have the wrong people filling those jobs to begin with.

Sadly that is how the current system works! You look at who the biggest donor for any rep is and you see who they listen to, what laws get passed, what does not.

Top Bottom