• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last night my daughter got a cut on her leg. It was more than a scratch and less than requires stitches, which is where the butterfly bandages come into play. I dumped a big tote of all kinds of medical stuff on my ping pong table last night covering half of it spread out and sure enough, I didn't have any and had to run to the store.

Several lessons here:
    1.) Have butterfly bandages
    2.) Have everything organized in such a way that when looking with urgency it's easy to find.
    3.) I need to inventory all my medical and get it squared away.

Do any of you have something clever figured out on how to store your medical supplies?

I did a poor job on the butterfly bandages so I'll be looking up videos on how to do a better job next time.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Brightly colored little Cabela bag. I basically keep a big boo boo kit that's been upgraded with stop the bleed items. I just keep it simple.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Back in my college days, early 80's, I took a a medical course that was some kind of precursor to becoming an EMT. One of the requirements was putting together an emergency medical kit. We used a simple 3-tier tackle box that allowed for storage of large items as well as being able to neatly organize smaller items. I carried mine for probably 20+ years after taking that course, not sure whatever eventually happened to it.

Amazon product ASIN B01N1KES72

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Look for an IFAK. Individual First Aid Kit.

In order to get everything I needed, I ended up buying two different kits.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Back in my college days, early 80's, I took a a medical course that was some kind of precursor to becoming an EMT. One of the requirements was putting together an emergency medical kit. We used a simple 3-tier tackle box that allowed for storage of large items as well as being able to neatly organize smaller items. I carried mine for probably 20+ years after taking that course, not sure whatever eventually happened to it.

Amazon product ASIN B01N1KES72
    Tackle Box trick. They come in a lot of sizes and everything is visible when open. Been using a 4 shelf Plano for about 30 years. YMMV.

Same for my gun cleaning kit.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Last night my daughter got a cut on her leg. It was more than a scratch and less than requires stitches, which is where the butterfly bandages come into play. I dumped a big tote of all kinds of medical stuff on my ping pong table last night covering half of it spread out and sure enough, I didn't have any and had to run to the store.

Several lessons here:
    1.) Have butterfly bandages
    2.) Have everything organized in such a way that when looking with urgency it's easy to find.
    3.) I need to inventory all my medical and get it squared away.

Do any of you have something clever figured out on how to store your medical supplies?

I did a poor job on the butterfly bandages so I'll be looking up videos on how to do a better job next time.
    We keep several medical bags in the house and vehicles. I noticed that our large medic bag was stuffed full. Made finding something simple, a challenge (much like dumping out contents to just find an ace bandage). I ordered a multi stack tool box with wheels. Organized things. Simplified. We keep the FISHMOX antibiotics, prescription pain killers, etc locked in the OLD GLORY gun safe.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Repack once a year to see what you have - Opened mine up and the rubber gloves where shot and the athletic tape was dried out.

I bought a first response / truck / range, medical bag years ago and added many items to it, everything has it’s space and easy to find in a hurry. They are too darn expensive to build one like I wanted from scratch.
    Last inspection reviled all the Alcohol packs have dried out yarrrrr!!!!!!
    They were approx 3-4 years old to give yas an idea.

I have absolutely everything needed in this pack from life straw to solar blanket.

IMG_4367.jpeg
    size comparison IMG_4368.jpeg

Last edited:

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Long ago the military trained me as a combat lifesaver, today I'm also EMT certified and keep a true med bag in my truck. Way more than what most people can realistically use. It has everything from bandaids to IV start kits and OTC meds.
    I keep two other smaller kits for the other car as well as a small travel kit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230811_095442_Photos.jpg
      Screenshot_20230811_095442_Photos.jpg
      443.5 KB · Views: 17
    • Screenshot_20230811_095434_Photos.jpg
      Screenshot_20230811_095434_Photos.jpg
      430.2 KB · Views: 17
    • Screenshot_20230811_095827_Photos.jpg
      Screenshot_20230811_095827_Photos.jpg
      205.3 KB · Views: 17
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom