• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My Mother called today and asked me if I would bring her a Pistol to shoot tomorrow ! She is 67 and has never fired a pistol, we are having a family get together tomorrow and she wants to learn to shoot !! My parents spend about 6 months out of the year in Florida and this winter my Father took a class to get his Florida carry permit and I think she might feel a little left out after me and my brother praised our Father for joining the club :) The best part is my 16 year old Daughter wants to teach her Grandmother, I am one proud Son and Father !!! So we will take an assortment of Calibers, a wheel and some semi auto handguns and she what she is comfortable with. I do believe I may leave with 1 less handgun, but I would not have it any other way :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wifes mother wanted to shoot. 72 yrs. (I think) and never fired a pistol. I took her to MCFG a few weekends ago and all I have heard is "When are we going again"
    Like a kid at Christmas.

We will go soon Mom

Edit...she is 77 years young.

Last edited:

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I let my grandmother "barrow" a .22 magnum revolver last year. She hadn't fired a gun since the 1950's, all 6 on target. She just wanted to help feel safer at night, I tried to get her to go to a .38spc., but at 81, and around 100 pounds, she was to afraid of it. Also there is some very good .22 magnum ammunition now, and she can control it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Very nice. One suggestion. Start her on a .22 and work her up to larger calibers.
    I second this! Plenty of instruction prior to putting it in her hand as well. I've had a scare or two when someone new to firearms gets the gun in there hands for the first time. :laugh: It is fun to teach...and I've taught a lot. It's great she's interested. Have fun. I think my next pupil is a 13 yo niece. I almost had her shooting the other day, but the wife stopped me. "You have to ask her Mother first" Well maybe next time.:D My MkIII has her name all over it. I have a feeling she will shoot as well as her older brother.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well guys she shot a Walther P-22, S&W 22A, S&W Model 66 running 38spl, but after she shot the 22A it was all over she just kept telling my Daughter to fill up another Magazine !! She ran about 300 rounds and just loved it !!! She said why can't I have one of these, her Birthday is at the end of the month and I think she just might get her own. She would have got that one, but it belongs to my 15 year old son and he loves that pistol. My father left with a FEG 32acp and he was happy :)

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Well guys she shot a Walther P-22, S&W 22A, S&W Model 66 running 38spl, but after she shot the 22A it was all over she just kept telling my Daughter to fill up another Magazine !! She ran about 300 rounds and just loved it !!! She said why can't I have one of these, her Birthday is at the end of the month and I think she just might get her own. She would have got that one, but it belongs to my 15 year old son and he loves that pistol. My father left with a FEG 32acp and he was happy :)

I'm glad she enjoyed herself. That is what the sport is all about.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    but after she shot the 22A it was all over

We get that reaction a LOT with the 22A I bought Mr.Jet for his birthday a few years back. It's one of my "go to" guns for all new shooters. That and the 1911/22...they all seem to like them best. Even over the .22 revolvers.
    Good deal about your mom! :rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    My Mother called today and asked me if I would bring her a Pistol to shoot tomorrow ! She is 67 and has never fired a pistol, we are having a family get together tomorrow and she wants to learn to shoot !! My parents spend about 6 months out of the year in Florida and this winter my Father took a class to get his Florida carry permit and I think she might feel a little left out after me and my brother praised our Father for joining the club :) The best part is my 16 year old Daughter wants to teach her Grandmother, I am one proud Son and Father !!! So we will take an assortment of Calibers, a wheel and some semi auto handguns and she what she is comfortable with. I do believe I may leave with 1 less handgun, but I would not have it any other way :D

All kinds of WIN in this post! :rockwoot:
    Would love to see some pics..! :ingo:

My mom (63..??) has come around from "you don't need another damn gun" :( to embracing the dark side in the past few years, making her sons rather happy happy! :D :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom