• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    When I was 16, I had a CAD class and a lot of free time. Back then I wanted a knife, one just for me, something that could do everything i wanted it to do at the time. This is around my original design, but New and Improved with the help of CJS Knives, I think the Design has been perfected. Perhaps it could use a Full Flat Ground blade instead.

mycustomKnifeCADDrawing-1.jpg

Now all i need is a knife maker to attempt it. CJS has his hands full with producing his own neck knife, which looks awesome by the way. Anyone know anyone who wants to try there hand are bringing my dream to reality?

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    That's quite a nice design. I'd certainly consider buying a neck knife like that if it was made out of a good steel like 154CM or S30V.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That's a good looking design. But, I'm with melensdad, 7" is a long neck knife. Maybe if you're 6'4" it's fit better; but if it works for you, go for it.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    looks good. the izula is about 6.5 inches so 7 isn't bad imo. it looks like a solid design. i bet if you go over to bladeforums and pm some of the makers one would hook you up. or you could try cubby on here. he may be able to (though i have been waiting for mine from him forever :) this is just a joke i am sure the knife will be worth the wait ) you could get with jk knives on bladeforums he is one i know makes a fair amount of other folks designs. or possibly mark wohlwend.

Last edited:

Capt. Jeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    hey Andrew, thanks for the plug and the credit with the design!

i am sure its going to be a great knife! make sure you post pics of it when you get it done!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I sent an Emaile to Blind Horse Knives asking if they would be interested in making this knife happen. Gonna have to send Cubby a PM as well.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    What is the purpose of the cut out notch on the top?

A long long time ago, when i was in Boy Scouts, we were cooking some raman and putting our little Mess Kit pots right over the coals to boil the water, then just using sticks to fish them out hanging the pot handle from the stick. Well as i was carrying my stick with the pot hanging from it to the table, the stick broke and some of that boiling water fell onto my shoe.

The notch towards the top of the blade is to prevent that. just fish the pot out with the knife and get the handle to settle in that grove. especially since at some of these god forsaken state parks you can't pick of any sticks at all to use.

Bring on the questions, I love answering them on my design.

This is the Mess Kit I have used for litterally 2 decades

Coleman - Aluminum Mess Kit -

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I like the look of it, I would try it if I had a little more time myself. I have a couple I'm working on trying to get ready for the INGO Chop-In.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I would not mind a 3/16th inch thickness on the blade, anyone have any opinions on that thickness? perhaps 1/8th inch?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I should have some time in between things after the 1500 I could do something with it. what steel are you wanting to use for it?

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    if the notch is a pot grabber, it should be larger, deeper. that won't grab a handle very well, and would need to be held at 90 degrees.... cause wrist fatiguequickly, and could make you lose the pot.

design looks pretty cool. is the ring for your finger, or just there? the space ahead would indicate a three finger grip, with your ring finger... in the ring. lol.

i like the blade shape alot!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    if the notch is a pot grabber, it should be larger, deeper. that won't grab a handle very well, and would need to be held at 90 degrees.... cause wrist fatiguequickly, and could make you lose the pot.

design looks pretty cool. is the ring for your finger, or just there? the space ahead would indicate a three finger grip, with your ring finger... in the ring. lol.

i like the blade shape alot!

yes it is a 3 finger design. with the 3rd finger in the ring. and your right, that pot grabber needs to be a little deeper.

Top Bottom