• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Well I am not really a distance shooter but very nice rifle.

I am curious too as to what groupings you get at 100, 200 yards. What caliber is this?

I believe he said it was a 260 Remington.

Not to burst anyones bubble, but 1.5 MOA is combat accurate out to 1,000 yards. Virtually any modern rifle is capable of 1,000 yard accuracy. 99% of shooters are not.

Practice lots, and stick with it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I believe he said it was a 260 Remington.

Not to burst anyones bubble, but 1.5 MOA is combat accurate out to 1,000 yards. Virtually any modern rifle is capable of 1,000 yard accuracy. 99% of shooters are not.

Practice lots, and stick with it.

i will defintally not be happy with 15 inch groups at 1000. i would probably be ok with it my first few tries at that range but eventually 1.5 moa just wont cut it

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    If I could reliably put a 10 shot group in 15 inches at 1,000 yards, you'd have to shackle me to the ground... I'd be floating.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im working on a place in the field behind my house. currently the only range i have is at my parents (2 miles away) since we harvested some yesterday i can shoot pretty long range there. i havent ranged it yet but it appears to be 7-800 yds

wind50cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Kentucky
    Sloughfoot,

Congragulations on a fine choice of a Long Rage Rifle!

The 260 is IMHO, the best cartridge out there overall. Try the Lapua 139 gr. Scenars in it and see what happens. The 28" barrel should get the velocity you need, 30" is ideal. Very nice rig.

I am one of the range/safety officers at Ft. Knox's Scott Mountain 1000 yard Range and I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to come shoot with us.
    For more info visit Home look under the Meade County Sportmans Club many pictures of past events, the range, and all those crazy little Junior High-Power shooters! :-) I will look forward to seeing you on the firing line with us!

Wind50cal
    NRA Expert Service Rifle
    NRA Master Long Range
    NRA Life Member
    KYSRPA Board

Top Bottom