• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So I had a need for a reliable rifle that had to fit a certain set of requirements. Those requirements were that it be cal.5.56, have a light and be mag-fed. I decided to go with an AR-15 style rifle because that's what I am most familiar with.
    This rifle is a 10.5" LMT upper with a V-Tac forend, a SureFire light in a V-Tac mount, an Aimpoint T-1 micro on a LaRue I-beam QD mount, MI backup iron sights and an Ace stubby foregrip.
    This rifle is very light, accurate and easy to shoot. Enjoy the pic...:popcorn:
    IMAG0128.jpg

mrman740

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Portage
    It's a SureFire G2X and I decided on it because it is very bright, light, rugged and has push-button activation.

I was looking at the same light too. It's for my 6920. I have a $150 credit at Grainger and was thinking about that particular light. I was also looking at the 6px, too. I'm limited by the choices from Grainger. :rolleyes:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Looks good Nick! It should serve you well.

Does that rail section have a QD slot?

The little Aimpoint is waaaay cooler than I expected it to be. I think I could prefer it over the Comp models.

I too didn't see a need to switch from the Comp models to the Micro, until I did. Wow!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I got to shoot that also, and it was a joy to shoot! My Ar15 has a 24" SS heavy barrel so your rifle and mine pretty much cover the two extremes as far as the AR15 platform. It was nice to feel the contrast.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Nice AR you have there. Real nice.
    Wondering about the VTAC handguard as well.
    That upper should run well. LMT got it right. I've bought them with both the SA and FA bolt carriers.
    Those little G2-series Surefires are nice.
    I believe that light mount is the same that I used to put a G2 on an M1 Carbine (w/ Ultimak). I'd have to look.
    Have you held the 10.5 " LMT CQB MRP?

I've never been around that optic mount. I take it that it is the same height as a standard LaRue tall mount, with lower 1/3 co-witness? I'm not familiar with your sights either so just don't know.
    Never had any dealings with a T-1, but considerable time spent with the H-1. I hear they're pretty much the same, at least for the purposes I would be using them. No night vision here.

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Looks good Nick! It should serve you well.

Does that rail section have a QD slot?

I too didn't see a need to switch from the Comp models to the Micro, until I did. Wow!

Yeah, the front rail has a QD slot. I just need to get a swivel and I'm all set. I have the sling ready but just haven't got the front swivel point at this time.

Top Bottom