• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    Since we moved to Indiana and OC was not as common here as it was in Tennessee I was looking for an IWB holster. I'm not a real fan of IWB and wanted something really comfortable. Tommy, member at a different forum I belong to, PM'ed me and suggested I give his holster a try. I agreed and he shipped one out that day for my G23. I got it 2 days later in the mail and have been wearing it for a week now, every day.

It is very similar to the CBT except the hardware he uses appears to be much less likely to cause any discomfort at all. (You can see how smooth it is in the pics below) After wearing it for a week I can honestly say that I do not hate IWB carry anymore. This is a great holster. The leather is comfortable against bear skin (I have worn it this way several times but don't do this usually because the guns grip still is mildly uncomfortable) and I can't feel the hardware at all. The Kydex part is well molded and holds the gun securely and does not deform whne the gun is not in the holster. It stays open and allows for one handed re-holstering quite easily. It disappears under an un-tucked T-shirt and like the CBST allows the shirt to be tucked in as you can see from the pictures. The shirt I am wearing is one size larger than what I normally wear and even tucked in, the gun disappears.

The longer I wear it, seemingly the more comfortable it gets. If anyone is looking for a well made and not expensive IWB holster (just $45) I would strongly suggest giving Tommy a try. you can see his profile at DC.com here: theis Profile or PM me and I will see if he is OK with me giving his email address out. He doesn't do this for a living, he tells me it is just a hobby but I think a career change could be in his future.:yup:

sdc11618.jpg

Shirt tucked in...

sdc11619b.jpg

Shirt tucked from behind

sdc11620u.jpg

From the front (one size larger shirt than I normally wear, makes me look fat but who cares?)

sdc11621dj.jpg

Surprise! There's a gun under there!

sdc11622t.jpg

sdc11624.jpg

sdc11625r.jpg

sdc11627y.jpg

Picture of the hardware Tommy uses. Very smooth, not discomfort at all.

sdc11628.jpg

sdc11629.jpg

Close up of the clips he used. They hold the holster to the belt very tightly.

Over all I am very pleased with this holster and I am planning on ordering several more from him.

hzwj67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    hendricks county
    I RECENTLY BOUGHT A BLACK HILLS IWB AND BELT FROM LONE STAR THAT WAS CUSTOM MADE TO FIT MY KIMBER ULTRA CDP. THOUGH THE WAIT WAS 3 MONTHS, THE FIT WAS PERFECT ANT IT IS VERY COMFORTABLE TO WEAR. THE PRICE WASN'T TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS EITHER, $68 FOR THE CUSTOM TO FIT HOLSTER.

Top Bottom