• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Don't want to be debbie downer, but this is a publicly viewed forum....may not want your license plate out there???

That said, it is a freakin cool plate and I can't blame you for wanting to share!!!

Funny you mention that because every time he or anyone with a license plate goes out onto the road he is in a publicly viewed forum. To solve this people should cover up their license plates while out driving and keep their numbers and letters secret. :):

Also cool license plate!

Although it's a cool plate...I would have to agree with JoFra and the publicly viewed forum. Just smells like potential trouble down the road. I might be wrong on that but I'm just running on my gut instinct on it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Good luck on keeping it. The first time BMV gets a complaint for whatever pathetic reason, they'll refuse to renew it.

I received a letter one day after I'd already renewed mine telling me I couldn't have it anymore because it was "offensive".

It was on our convertible and simply read "WNTR SUX". I couldn't have "IH8 SNOW" because they didn't feel "H8" was appropriate either. I told them to send me my money back and the plainest plate they had. They really tried to convince me to put another personalized plate on the car (I assume so they could keep my money) and when that didn't work they were very aggressive in trying to push the "In God We Trust" plate.

I asked them if "BMV SUX" was taken yet, that's when they hung up on me.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I had thought of doing something like that but went with an NRA plate instead.
    ayr9z5.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Good luck on keeping it. The first time BMV gets a complaint for whatever pathetic reason, they'll refuse to renew it.

I received a letter one day after I'd already renewed mine telling me I couldn't have it anymore because it was "offensive".

It was on our convertible and simply read "WNTR SUX". I couldn't have "IH8 SNOW" because they didn't feel "H8" was appropriate either. I told them to send me my money back and the plainest plate they had. They really tried to convince me to put another personalized plate on the car (I assume so they could keep my money) and when that didn't work they were very aggressive in trying to push the "In God We Trust" plate.

I asked them if "BMV SUX" was taken yet, that's when they hung up on me.

Necro post but for some reason Iremembered this thread when I saw an suv that had "H8 snow" personalized plate. Apparently it's ok to H8 again ?

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    Funny you mention that because every time he or anyone with a license plate goes out onto the road he is in a publicly viewed forum. To solve this people should cover up their license plates while out driving and keep their numbers and letters secret. :):

Also cool license plate!

Both of these points make sense to me. Also they lead me to this question.... Why then do they go to the trouble of blurring plates on television?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Necro post but for some reason Iremembered this thread when I saw an suv that had "H8 snow" personalized plate. Apparently it's ok to H8 again ?

Apparently so, some time after posting our experience I applied for H8S WNTR and they allowed it. So far. Surely some snowflakes safety pin will pop when they see it and I'll get "the letter" again!:n00b:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Apparently so, some time after posting our experience I applied for H8S WNTR and they allowed it. So far. Surely some snowflakes safety pin will pop when they see it and I'll get "the letter" again!:n00b:

My parents neighbor is train engineer/conductor. His plates are IH8TRNS.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    PSSSST! What does "TRP" mean?

My LP is "###MOO". Way cooler than anything I've ever seen.
    I'm assuming you meant to use purple, but just in case you're asking a serious question ... TRP = Tactical Response Pistol. The 1911 TRP is available from Springfield Armory. If you ever want to venture into the 1911 world, this is a VERY nice place to start.

Top Bottom