• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    After reading comments on INGO and YouTube decided to get a Star BM as a project gun. Looked at one at Bradis that was almost too nice to do what I wanted, so ordered one from Classic Firearms with an extra mag for the same dollars that Bradis wanted with just the single mag. Ran a box and a half of shells through it today and was very impressed. It is more accurate than I am. Condition is good with no pitting. There is holster wear on the slide and frame and there is no finish on the front strap.
    So, here's the plan:
    Complete strip and clean
    Slide and frame blasted and coated with DuraCoat BCM Wolf Gray
    Hammer, trigger, bushing, takedown lever, safety, pins, rear sight, mag release, mag base plates and grip screws get DuraCoat Slightly Darker Black
    Cocobolo wood grips
    Here are the before pictures. Work schedule will have a big effect on how soon the after pictures get posted.
    View attachment 69716 View attachment 69717 View attachment 69718 View attachment 69719

Attachments

• IMG_1272R.JPG
      IMG_1272R.JPG
      94.8 KB · Views: 22
    • IMG_1273R.JPG
      IMG_1273R.JPG
      83.2 KB · Views: 18
    • IMG_1281REVR.jpg
      IMG_1281REVR.jpg
      89.5 KB · Views: 35
    • IMG_1274R.JPG
      IMG_1274R.JPG
      87 KB · Views: 26

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    This is a "at home" project. I have all the tools and toys to try Duracoat. Besides, getting tired of the wife saying "You haven't used that airbrush in a long time" , " You haven't used that blast cabinet in a long time".

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Finished the project tonight. It takes a leap of faith to strip a gun and put it in the blast cabinet for the first time. Very pleased with the outcome. Still have to order the new grips. The DuraCoat is easy to work with. Had some issues with the airbrush and had to switch over to a detail spray gun for the frame and slide. Decided to put in new Wolf recoil spring and magazine springs while it was all apart. No telling what this has gone through in 42 years. The DuraCoat does not reach full cure for 2-3 weeks, so I'll wait to take it to the range.

413994065.jpg 413994066.jpg 413994067.jpg 413994068.jpg

Top Bottom