• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjach virlym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    columbus in
    i am still a relative new user here so if i mess anything up please let me know...

I got my brand new out of the case Springfield Armory 9MM XDM 4 1/2" Barrel Melonite Finish 19+1 Capacity saturday feb. 27th 2009 and i have now shot 500 rounds out of it yesterday at the ceraland shooting range i used wolf steel casing 115 gr fmj. my friend was shooting the same with his Beretta 92. Out of the 500 rounds that we each shot some rapid firing some taking our time the springfield did not jam, misfire, or misload once while the 92 mis loaded once and jammed 4 times. the xdm is a great gun and i am really happy with my selection. i cant comment much on the accuracy because after 1000 rounds the target was bassically wasted and i am not the best of shots anyway. the gun ws really quick and easy to clean. (about 15 minutes complete) and when we left my friend said he wqas going to the gun shop to try and trade the 92 off for a xdm.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    The wife has decided thats what she wants for her first handgun. Which is good, that means I get more range time with my XD. :D

sjach virlym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    columbus in
    Bubbajms i got mine from aac guns located at 340 s iniana street mooresville in 46158 for 603 cash out the door he said 565 at first but when i got there said that was without tax... its a beautiful gun and i can not wait till this job thing is over for the week and i can go shoot it some more....

dw357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I am looking at buying a xdm 9mm. Not being 21 I cannot buy it myself of course, but I have a Dan Wesson 357 w/ two barrels I want to trade in for credit on the xdm. I've got a friend looking around for a good deal for me. Would the Indy gun and knife show be a good place to look around?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I love my XD. I haven't shot an XDm yet, but the grip is good.
    The one I held felt REALLY top-heavy for some reason, like the balance was off. I may just be weird though :dunno:

I am looking at buying a xdm 9mm. Not being 21 I cannot buy it myself of course, but I have a Dan Wesson 357 w/ two barrels I want to trade in for credit on the xdm. I've got a friend looking around for a good deal for me. Would the Indy gun and knife show be a good place to look around?
    If you can find one for sale from a private party there, but reports from the last couple seem to say that prices at the 1500 have gotten pretty crazy. Not being 21 also, I feel your pain. You can always put up a trade add on the classifieds here and see if you get lucky :yesway:

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    The XDMs are well built guns! I own two for now. Did you end up getting the Bitone or all black? check out XDtalk.com for more info. They go through ammo fast! First time I went out shot 300 rds in 45 mins. :ar15:

dw357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Are the two toned xdm's a lot more expensive than the all black?

Last edited:

sjach virlym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    columbus in
    Rogerb where did you find your picture i want to put that on my cell phone can you give me a web address? i also heard that the show was going to be really high. the tri state in seymour was about 100 dollars more expensive than bass pro in clarksville on more than one handgun. i did not go last year so i dunno about prices...i think your best bet is to take the 357 into a shop and ask for trade value if you pay with cash and see what you can get...

sjach virlym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    columbus in
    we were both using wolf brand which is made in Russia i believe. i got all black and yes 2 tone is more expensive and in my personal opinon harder to keep clean...

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Rogerb where did you find your picture i want to put that on my cell phone can you give me a web address? i also heard that the show was going to be really high. the tri state in seymour was about 100 dollars more expensive than bass pro in clarksville on more than one handgun. i did not go last year so i dunno about prices...i think your best bet is to take the 357 into a shop and ask for trade value if you pay with cash and see what you can get...

honestly I don't remember where I found it. You should be able to save a copy of it from here though.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I absolutely love my XD 40. I also have an XDM in 40 S&W. I find myself shooting the XD more then the XDM when I go to the range but thats just personal preference. Both are excellent guns.

Top Bottom