• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    I was at the Tri-State gun show last Sunday and picked this up, brand new for what I think was an awesome deal. I had seen it the weekend before at Tipton and it was priced OK at $740. A week later and the seller really wanted to get rid of it, "$690 cash deal" the sign said.

A Para Ordnance Warthog with factory night sights. This compact little double-stack 1911 holds 10 .45 ACP rounds. I have not had a chance to fire it yet but really looking forward to it. I will want to break this one in, find out what ammo it likes and just get a good feel for it. Not saying this gun will replace my Glock 26, but it will be another option. I walked away with it for $650 cash :D

2virodt.jpg

2091w60.jpg

Its very close in size to the Glock 26

2iw7dc5.jpg

3358cc3.jpg

Surprisingly, they both feel the same weight.

Anyway, I cant wait to get it out and shoot it!

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Thats a good looking little gun. You will have to post a review. I have looked at these in the past just haven't made the move yet.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sweet! I had not considered a double stack 1911 until you brought them up a couple of days ago and now I'm thinking I may need to add one to the family. It sure does look nice. I can't wait to here how it shoots.

Congrats!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    VERY nice looking little gun!!! I looked at those once...and thought they felt (surprisingly) good in the hand. I'm just not into a SAO with little kids around the house! Some day...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You are going to love it. I know I love mine.

As far as the size comparison to the G26, you will find it carries easier than the G26. I know my Warthog carries easier than my G26. The G26 is much fatter through the whole slide and through the trigger guard area. While the grips are about the same diameter (I think the Warthog is ever so slightly thinner) its the rest of the gun where the G26 feels fat, and much of that, if carried in an IWB holster, really does make a difference in carry comfort.

farva118

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I almost bought one of those a year ago and for some reason talked myself out of it. Let us know how it shoots, may have to start saving pennies again.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Great Find !! ... Please post a review ... you've got me thinking I may go this way when I upgrade my EDC - though I may look at the sibliing, since I am still thinking of sticking w/ a 9mm, for economy.

Top Bottom