My reply from State Senator Dennis Kruse.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    So I've been hanging on the phone since DF went into high gear with my state representatives. Ben Smaltz who represents my district in the HoR has yet to respond or answer his phone (busy signal, I think he took it off the hook lol). My state senator Dennis Kruse sent this to me today.

Dear MasterofallknownPimps,

Thank you for contacting me about firearms and our second amendment rights. This issue is very important to me and I am a firm believer in the second amendment. I appreciate hearing your stance on this issue.

Sincerely,

Senator Dennis K. Kruse
    Indiana State Senate

My initial message to him was solely about getting the groundwork going now that if the Federal government begins to enact new gun control legislation that the state of Indiana IMMEDIATELY move to nullify the law(s) and declare it unconstitutional and against the will of the the people. I further stated that I nor any other gun owner I know (and I know a few) would accept Federal (or State) intrusion upon the 2nd Amendment and that to do so would be an act of civilian disarmament and that I (and other gun owners) would not accept that and would dismiss and ignore any such legislation. The fallout of which would be devastating. That to encourage good will between the people and their elected body was not to restrict their freedoms but to promote their liberties and their inalienable rights.

He seems very sympatico. I strongly suggest you all do the same with your local state reps and we nip this in the bud here first while fighting it on a national level.

Top Bottom