• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control. It is good to hear from you.

My heart certainly goes out to the victims of the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, as well as their families. As a father of two young boys, I cannot imagine losing them, particularly in such a horrific way. As a gun owner and as a Member of Congress, I will strongly oppose any legislation that prevents Americans from responsibly exercising their Second Amendment rights.

Again, thank you for contacting me, please stay in touch.

Sincerely,
    rokitabluefull.jpg

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I had those same thoughts myself, but it is alot better than what I got from Visclosky!! I got the same response Prometheus got. I am writing him back and will post it when done. I have not heard anything back from Coates yet either other than a newsletter.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Hey, at least a standardized, impersonal response indicates that they are being inundated with mail from people.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had those same thoughts myself, but it is alot better than what I got from Visclosky!! I got the same response Prometheus got. I am writing him back and will post it when done. I have not heard anything back from Coates yet either other than a newsletter.

Yep, I got the same from Rokita as the OP, but no response from Coates except his newsletter, which I will be unsubscribing from.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    You have to be specific about the 2nd Amendment questions or statements directed to your elected offials.

I asked my congressman if he supported the 2nd Amendment and he answered that he did not support a gun ban.

When pressed about whether or not he supported any infringement on the 2nd Amendment I got no answer.

So be specific, this can be a game of words and phrases! Make them lie if you have too.

This communication was through his FB page which is probably staffed by aides. The aides know their bosses' position on the issues.

Be specific and do not phrase your statement as a "gun ban".

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control. It is good to hear from you.

My heart certainly goes out to the victims of the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, as well as their families. As a father of two young boys, I cannot imagine losing them, particularly in such a horrific way. As a gun owner and as a Member of Congress, I will strongly oppose any legislation that prevents Americans from responsibly exercising their Second Amendment rights.

Again, thank you for contacting me, please stay in touch.

Sincerely,
    rokitabluefull.jpg

I call that doublespeak .... Law Abiding Gun Owners are already overwhelmingly Responsible and furthermore the 2nd Admendmendment does not have a "condition of responsibility clause attached".

Who will judge what is responsible and what is not?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Same response here. Which is also the only response I've received from anyone. My letter was pretty direct in terms of not changing our 2nd amendment rights in any way.

I didn't expect much to be honest... just making my voice heard.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I think Todd Rokita is Pro 2A. He seems to imply that he doesn't see a conflict between being a good parent and being a responsible gun owner. I've met Todd and have heard him speak. I believe he actually grew up in Munster and is a graduate of Munster High School. I think he's on our side - nothing from him so far to indicate otherwise that I know of. He's also an NRA member.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    This is a dupe. As stated last time, "he will oppose that which prevents us from responsibly exercising our 2A rights." He may feel that an awb and mag restriction will help us more responsibly exercise our rights.

MetalMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Howard County
    Don't know what your letters to your Representatives said, but mine said that I was a responsible citizen and don't like having my rights threatened because criminals. I find his wording a little generic, but recognizes that responsible gun owners will have their 2A rights protected.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    Yep, I got the same from Rokita as the OP, but no response from Coates except his newsletter, which I will be unsubscribing from.
    Coats has not answered my letter either. Last I heard Coats wants people to think the 2nd Amendment was written so citizens could have the privilege of hunting.

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    I got the same response. His website listed legislation he has sponsored and cosponsored. Everything gun related was pro gun. It did not look like any of it ever went anywhere though. We will see what he and the rest of our reps are made of when they actually vote on anything. I' m crossing my fingers.

Dave

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Did you ever notice that sometime in the last 10 years, the word horrible has been completely replaced with horrific.

Top Bottom