• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xenokilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Mishawaka
    I hope this is the right place to post this (I've been lurking off and on but haven't been posting much)

This came from another forum i'm a member of:
    Since D.C.'s handgun ban ended, well-heeled residents have become well armed

So i say:

As a gun owner and carrier, the thing that i use to deafened my ownership and carrier-ship (hehe) is this: Can you predict when and where the next violent crime is going to happen. until you can do that, everytime i leave my house i take my gun. So what if i live in a low crime area that's so far off the map google can't even find me? pifft, if i lived in DC i'd take two guns and some spare magazines everytime i left the house!

Point 2. clearly banning guns in chicago, detroit and DC lead to zero death from guns. I'm pragmatic. Does it work? NO! making weed illegal means everyone stops smoking it right? WRONG.

Point 3. people in the "hood" buy their guns illegally off the street and tend not to report said sales to the police. DUH

point 4. 90year old man buys gun. Good! Guns are a force equalizer, if i have a gun, you cannot use more force on me that i can on you, even if its a 90 year old man against a cage fighter.

point 5. trigger locks, meh, depends. I live with my roomate, he has more guns then me so im not too worried about it. i leave my gun in the case unlocked and loaded in a drawer.

point 6. "Police said they could provide no data on registered guns being stolen, misused or used in self-defense, nor could they cite any specific incidents." wow, that almost sounds reasonable.

/rant

Any my friend says:

Instead they presented a Green Beret instructor as equivalent to a bat----- insane militia fanatic and hung his biography out to dry. All of his neighbors in "the affluent Spring Valley neighborhood" likely now know exactly who he is and are free to register their opinions of how he stores his weapons with their Homeowner's Association if not Law Enforcement. That's some damned fine reporting right there.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I read it too.

I also read the article. The link was emailed to me. I found it much less objectionable, myself. Some of those interviewed would probably be obvious to their neighbors but the interviews were given voluntarily. Some did no more than say, yes I have a gun. I thought, taken as a whole, the article was surprisingly objective. It presented opinions from both sides of the issue and didn't include a bunch of anti-gun blather. :twocents:

Top Bottom