• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    ......monster in the closet this morning. He will be 3 the first week of November.

His sister (5 y.o.) told him the was a monster in the closet in the living room once we were all awake. He wouldn't leave his moms side and was really scared. I asked him if I should shoot the bad monster. He agreed. I then asked him if he wanted to shoot him. He kind of smiled and nodded yes.

So I retrieved the bright orange, $2 cap gun (no caps this time) from my gun safe (they have to ask me to play with them and what better example of teaching them gun saftey). I handed it to him and told him to stand right next to me and I'd open the door and he can shoot the monster. He was still scared.

I asked himif he wanted daddy to back him up and he nodded. So I retrieved me .22 revolver, unloaded and holstered, and clipped it to my pants. He was ready. I put on hand on the door knob and the other was on my gun, still in the holster. I opened the door fast and said "Get'em Owen." He pointed the gun at the coats hanging on the rack and squeezed the cap gun four times. I told him he got the monster and he smiled, handed my the cap gun back and went to eat breakfast.

I was so proud!

20131007_182256_zps5478cddd.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It kinda reminded me of a .500 S & W I think they make one that short...Nothing wrong with insurance shots...those monsters have a habit of coming back to life in the Movies and being damn hard to kill. How many times has Godzilla come back to life?

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I bet he had to adjust his hat size after that. Probley both or you did. That's a great story and a great way to handle them monsters. We had monster spray for my daughter when she was little then she moved up to a monster flashlight then she had them all ran off when she got her first BB gun. It was a red Ryder monster edition!

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    That will teach those old pesky monsters a thing or two! BTW, great trigger finger control...nice teaching dad!

^^Beat me to it

It's great to see a 3yo with better finger placement than most "adults" i've seen at the range...based on that pic, his first words were probably reciting the 4 rules :laugh:

Top Bottom