• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I had a 1911 in my cart at budsgunshop lastnight, and I didnt buy it because I needed to call my local ffl since I moved and I dont know them yet. I go to buy it 12 hours later and its 64$ more expensive. Bull****!!! Im pissed.. Venting....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Uh.....timing "IS" everything. I missed a Dan Wesson just a week ago because I wanted to sleep on it. I should have just pulled the trigger and Then I could have really slept on it......:(

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Auto Ordinanace. I wanted as close to a ww2 issue as I could find. Seemed like the best choice. They seem really close to it.

Im looking elsewhere, I find it coincidental that after a 4 hour period of researching it, constantly reopening the link to that same gun, the price increases. I would be quicker to believe their system detects whats trending, and they increased the price. Than someone just happened to change the price on ONLY that model AO 1911. Especially since that price is now higher than cabelas, and how often is buds higher than cabelas?

Last edited:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I'd like to think if Kahr had anything to do with building them, they would be quality. But you never know these days...

GingerKid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2014
    NWI
    I'd like to think if Kahr had anything to do with building them, they would be quality. But you never know these days...

You'd think so, but a friend of mine bought one of the new Thompsons made by Auto Ordnance. I think that thing fired maybe 10 round successfully. I forget exactly what happened, but AO was completely unwilling to help. Even took it to a gunsmith that knew them really well and was told he had bought a really expensive paperweight and there wasn't a lot that could be done to fix it. Apparently all of the new ones made by AO were complete junk. Ended up buying one made in the 50s to replace it and was much happier.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I purchased AO 1911, been very pleased with its quality. I did have to send it back for faulty safety ( not sure how it was allowed to leave the factory) was fixed and returned back to me in 2 days if im correct. Mine is a AO!! not a Thompson made by AO.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I had a 1911 in my cart at budsgunshop lastnight, and I didnt buy it because I needed to call my local ffl since I moved and I dont know them yet. I go to buy it 12 hours later and its 64$ more expensive. Bull****!!! Im pissed.. Venting....

Tell them.. who knows, they might honor it. Another thought is, go back into your browser history and see if you can find the page that had it last night. It's unlikely, but remotely possible that that page might have the old price on it.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    What is it with 1911's? Can no one build a good one for the price of a Glock? Maybe that kinda settles the 1911 vs Glock debate. Theres only one brand for a Glock, and at least you KNOW your getting a good gun when you buy one, instead of researching off and on for a couple years, all the hundreds of manufacturers of 1911's, only to end up still confused what brand to buy. Why can no one make a robust, well built copy of a ww2 service pistol that isnt expensive? It's frustrating to the point, I think I'm better off not even buying one of the damn things.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    What is it with 1911's? Can no one build a good one for the price of a Glock? Maybe that kinda settles the 1911 vs Glock debate. Theres only one brand for a Glock, and at least you KNOW your getting a good gun when you buy one, instead of researching off and on for a couple years, all the hundreds of manufacturers of 1911's, only to end up still confused what brand to buy. Why can no one make a robust, well built copy of a ww2 service pistol that isnt expensive? It's frustrating to the point, I think I'm better off not even buying one of the damn things.

You're already going through the 5 stages of grief...LOL

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Tell them.. who knows, they might honor it. Another thought is, go back into your browser history and see if you can find the page that had it last night. It's unlikely, but remotely possible that that page might have the old price on it.
    The link in your browser is still the same address, its just saved in your temp folder as what it was when it was saved. When you click it, it will load up the same page, that Buds has changed. So it looks like its 460$ in my history, but it loads up 515$ I will have to call them, I clicked the link on their page to ask questions about an item, and I got the "due to increase in volume, we are no longer answering questions" crap.

GingerKid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2014
    NWI
    Yeah, maybe I should've clarified that a little better. I'm in not trying to put down AO 1911s. I have no experience with them, either positive or negative. Just wanted to share an experience with their customer service, which obviously isn't always the case considering what hps said above me.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You're already going through the 5 stages of grief...LOL
    Definitely feeling grief... I want a 1911 I can feel the history in when I pick it up, I dont NEED one, and am not even drawn to them naturally, they are not my type of pistol. But I'm deeply drawn to the history of them, and I love the design. Im not gonna spend more than a months free money to buy one, because Im not looking to drive nails with it, or carry it. If they werent so damned expensive, I would buy a surplus one. Of course, who doesnt say that?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

You can get a good one for close to the price of a Glock. Not sure if you can get one similar to a WWII 1911 for that price, but even at the higher price you're talking about, $515 is still cheaper than a gen 4 Glock. I would assume that the poly for Glocks and similar guns costs less then the steel that goes into 1911's, which is why they're more expensive. Just a guess on my part. I picked up a Ruger SR1911 for just under $600 and I find it totally worth the price. I love my Glocks, but I find shooting my SR1911 a lot more fun. Combination of the platform and the round I suppose. I know the SR1911 isn't the style you were looking for, just using it as an example since it's my only 1911.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County

They did the same thing to me about a week ago. I called and they told me they only honor the price for like 4 hours after it expires that's it. So what did I do I ordered the gun from Kentucky Gun Company (Guns For Sale Online - Kentucky Gun Co.) for a lot cheaper. I have order 4 different guns from Buds and it took forever. I order my latest from Kentucky gun and it was at the FFL super quick. Good Luck with your gun hope it works out and you get it cheaper than expected.

Top Bottom