• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My daily wear watch is a $25 Casio alarm/chrono with a Spiedel twist O flex band. The Batteries were last changed in 2009 and it still is perfectly accurate. The band needs replaced about every three or 4 years.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    My daily watch is a tissot t-race. Love it, tough as nails. It replaced my seiko orange monster when I broke the main spring. They dont make the seiko anymore so I had it repaired and put it up.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Have had a bunch of watches. Always have worn a watch. Cell phones need to be recharged too often and I can't carry one where I work. 2 out of the 3 times I went to Iraq, I had my Tag, crap the bed in short order. The last time was in 2011 where I ended up just buying a cheap $30 military style Timex at the PX there. Guess what's still keeping reasonable time as I type? Yep, my Timex. It's gone thru hell and still works. When it finally dies I'll just buy another one and drive on

Bob

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've been using this same watch for a little over a year now and I agree that it's awesome. It's very versatile in the fact that it looks good when you're dressed up, but not so fancy that it looks out of place with just jeans and a t-shirt.

No batteries, no need to set it. I love the Eco drive. I wear it everyday.

MSRP is.$625, but I got mine on ebay for about half that.

That's kind of why I bought it. I would find myself on occasion in a suit, and my blacked out Luminox with a rubber strap looked a bit silly where as that Citizen goes with everything. I'm a little shocked with how accurate it is too. I've had other nice watches, but nothing has came close to how well this one performs.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    $10: Casio Men's MQ24-1B2 Watch with Black Band | Amazon.com
    Also $10: Casio Men's MQ24-1B2 Watch with Black Band | Amazon.com

For a $100 you could buy a lifetime supply. Probably ought to grab some spare batteries too (altho I have on that is a year old and still ticking), but these are great every day watches: Easy to read faces, not cluttered up with 24-hour markings, dates, compasses, digital numbers, stock market reports, and all that other crap. Just makes it easy to see what time it is.

And they are FLAT. Not like wearing a big rock on my wrist, seldom bang them or catch them on things.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I have a ~15 year old Eco-Drive titanium. About 10 years ago a pin fell out of the band and I put it aside. Then I got a smartphone and haven't picked it up since. But every time I check, it's still running. I think it deserves a new pin--thanks for the reminder.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For the past few months I've been wearing a Timex from Wal-Mart. It did a fine job for what I paid for it but I'm tired if buying them.In my search for a replacement, I'm leaning two very different directions. My K.I.S.S. side is telling me to go with a simple WWII era GI style analog on a NATO strap. My prepper side says to get something like a ProTrek or G Shock with a compass and other doodads.Whatever I get has to be able to handle abuse.
    Any recommendations?

I bought a ProTrek for my birthday present to myself at the PX in '04. It saw temperatures over 130 degrees, sand storms, and rough treatment. It continued to see abuse stateside as I wore it daily while in uniform. I had to replace the band in 2013 because the little piece that tucks the extra length of band up wore through and broke. I believe it would still be working today, but I let Jared replace the batteries, they lost a screw, sent it off to get new screws, and it was not waterproof when I got it back. I killed it in a pool this summer, and Jared told me to screw off since it was past their 6 month warranty.

I'll probably buy another one at some point. Oh, and screw Jared's jewelry with a sharp stick for the a-holes without integrity that they are. Go sniff around on their website and you'll see tiny print about how their jewels are died and not guaranteed for color fastness, or BBB to see they have over 1300 complaints in the last 3 years. I wish I'd done that before I trusted them with my watch.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought a ProTrek for my birthday present to myself at the PX in '04. It saw temperatures over 130 degrees, sand storms, and rough treatment. It continued to see abuse stateside as I wore it daily while in uniform. I had to replace the band in 2013 because the little piece that tucks the extra length of band up wore through and broke. I believe it would still be working today, but I let Jared replace the batteries, they lost a screw, sent it off to get new screws, and it was not waterproof when I got it back. I killed it in a pool this summer, and Jared told me to screw off since it was past their 6 month warranty.

I'll probably buy another one at some point. Oh, and screw Jared's jewelry with a sharp stick for the a-holes without integrity that they are. Go sniff around on their website and you'll see tiny print about how their jewels are died and not guaranteed for color fastness, or BBB to see they have over 1300 complaints in the last 3 years. I wish I'd done that before I trusted them with my watch.

I think I have seen before where the majority of water proof/water resistant watches are not so resistant after going to an over the counter store for battery replacement. In any case, still sounds like Jared's is a place to avoid.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I wear a Bulova automatic most of the time. It's a bit on the dressy side, but a damn good watch for the price.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Watch lover here. Have four that I rotate. One is mainly for diving and is a Luminox. My everyday watches get rotated. They are all self winding and when not worn stay in my winder. Favorite is the Rolex Submariner and next is a toss up between a Breitling and an Omega. The latter are both Chronographs.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I ended up getting a GShock from Kohl's and I love it. I traded a compass and barometer for solar charging and atomic time because I hate replacing batteries and I'm OCD about having the correct time.

Exactly what I did and where I got mine as well. Love my GShock.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I have the suunto ambit 2.5 and i absolutely love it. Barometer is handy if your outside a lot. Compass works great. And the training apps are very legit. Its a rechargeable battery that has a decent battery life. Water resistance capability is more than id ever need. I paid $200 for it on sale. Normally around $400. I find deals a lot, especially at cabelas who carries them now.

Top Bottom