• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    My wife has come a long way

I have been slowly prepping for zombie Apocalypse for many years and I have brought my wife along slowly and given her things to read and directed her to certain web sites and so forth. I have recently had conformation that I think I have succeeded in convincing her fully of the importance of being prepared. I just received a shipment of rifle ammo and as I was storing it I asked her if she thought >5k rifle rounds were to many. She said quote" can you have to many?" Today I told her I found a good deal on 30 rd magazines and asked what she would think if I got her 30 of them for Christmas? she said " I think that would be a really good present" and not in that voice I know you are thinking of :rockwoot:
    So for those of you who are still trying hang in there there is hope!

Last edited:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Glad to hear it

Mine is a little slow on it but all the massive cluster :D on the east coast is kinda opening the eyes !

Good job !

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    My wife finally said this week, "Whatever you think we need to do. I want to be ready." Between BHO getting re-elected, Sandy, and the explosion on the south side, I think somthing finally clicked.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I believe what you meant to say is "come a long way". That being said, my wife has been on board for years now. She is constantly on my back about additional items that we need. We now have two houses, so she is really at it.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have brought my wife along slowly and given her things to read and directed her to certain web sites and so forth. me too...............

If i bought my wife 30 30 round mags for x-mas I would be sleeping on the couch till next x-mas. I would say keep doing whatever you are doing.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    One step at a time ... mine is not cringing at least when 1000 rds show up on the door step. (She may cringe though when the bill is delivered! LOL)

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Damn Im thankful my wife has understood since I have. We don't prep for anything special but do for emergency reasons. Most of our family does but some don't. A good buddy of mine does and we discuss this often. Always nice when like minded people can talk. Especially your wife!

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    More people seem to be coming around to the idea of prepping although I still watch who I bring it up to. It's not good to have everyone know your business especially if the shtf.

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    I believe what you meant to say is "come a long way". That being said, my wife has been on board for years now. She is constantly on my back about additional items that we need. We now have two houses, so she is really at it.

LOL yea that's what I meant. Now I get the reference. Sorry for the false advertising. She also wants a 300 lumen tactical flashlight for Christmas.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    When I told my wife where I wanted to hang BOB, she asked a few more questions than usual, then said "why aren't any of my clothes in BOB?". I said I would LOVE to have your clothes in BOB, but sometimes you haven't been very receptive. We now BOTH have clothes in BOB. Just a start I know, but a very important one.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    I remember the day it finally clicked with the wife that we need to more more prepared.... that's a good feeling. Actually, she was on-board fairly quickly (by wife standards :): ) so I cant complain. She now pushes me to keep things moving on the preps. Who knew!

Top Bottom