• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    ...and I'm not talking about the usual shopping, "needs" (wants), drama-queen stuff.

In this regard I'm referring to the fact that she's an accident-prone klutz, and since she has a pre-existing condition, we have been denied any health insurance for her. Last night she tripped and fell, dislocated her ankle while visiting a friend's house, which required ANOTHER trip to the ER. I'm sure it will be a several hundred dollar bill, which I will have to look forward to in addition to being her personal b*tch for the next several weeks.

Besides just trying to save up cash for her eventual problems, and waiting to see what happens with Obamacare, do any INGOers have any suggestions or similar experiences to help me out in the mean time? Looking for ANYTHING that can keep me from what seems like a quarterly visit to the ER and subsequent THOUSANDS of dollars I have to spend. (it always seems to happen after business hours of other clinics)

(FYI I'm just a little frustrated and venting, but dealing with it pretty well, I also have a disabled parent I help out with, and this week as if it weren't enough a sick toddler who kept me up past 3AM last night. She's in pain, and I'm doing my best, but it's always got the potential to stress one out. House is still intact, everyone's napping at the moment except me. Just enough time to put this up. Thanks in advance.)

Last edited:

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    According to my insurance unless its life threatening ER is a no go even broken bones, perhaps making her wait until a normal dr visit is in order (will save you money). Now if if your an illegal alien the ER is your normal dr.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    According to my insurance unless its life threatening ER is a no go even broken bones, perhaps making her wait until a normal dr visit is in order (will save you money). Now if if your an illegal alien the ER is your normal dr.

Ditto. I made my own kid wait until Monday morning for a doc appointment for what ended up being strep throat.

We aren't limited by our insurance plan per se, but the painfully high deductible sure has the same effect.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    You could always use it as an opportunity to hone your shtf first aid and medical skills. Although she may not appreciate being your training opportunity!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If her friend owns the home , her insurance should pay. Most homeowners policies have medical coverage.

^^Exactly

If they don't have insurance, get the loudest mouthpiece of an attorney you can afford ..

TK

Exactly why I don't let others shoot or hunt on my property. It's also why I burn truckloads of good firewood in the burn pile. I will not let others' carelessness put me out of house and home. People like you two are why hunters can't find property to hunt.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ..... you really need to sue your friend?
    i realize that weve come to a world where everyone is liable, and no one takes personal accountability, but cmon. do i need to start handing out liability waivers at parties? its starting to come to that......

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    i realize that weve come to a world where everyone is liable, and no one takes personal accountability, but cmon. do i need to start handing out liability waivers at parties? its starting to come to that......

Agreed.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I carry a $1 million umbrella policy to protect my assets due to accidents on or off my property. I don't pay that premium so that others may hit the lottery at my expense. Sorry, you're (you as in everyone) not welcome here.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Exactly why I don't let others shoot or hunt on my property. It's also why I burn truckloads of good firewood in the burn pile. I will not let others' carelessness put me out of house and home. People like you two are why hunters can't find property to hunt.

:yesway:

This is exactly the reason I don't extend ANY type of friendliness to anyone, unless I've vetted them completely or they are long time friends.

A friend watched our dogs while we were out of town, and while we were gone, a hail storm hit and dented the crap out of his car, along with our roof, and my car. Gee, do I gotta pay for his car?

Unless I do something absolutely and totally negligent, I'm not liable for doodie.

My wife now understands why I'm paranoid, previous posts in this thread would be an excellent example.

Top Bottom