• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am well known to be a Beretta lover, but have to say that initial reports on the Nano have kept me from getting one until I am sure they have the initial bugs worked out.

That said, I have the Kahr PM9, the more expensive version of the CM9 which wasn't around when I bought mine, and my PM9 is may almost constant companion. Very happy with it. Great trigger feel, amazingly accurate for a pocket pistol, and mine has been 100% reliable after well over 2000 rounds.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    I have not played with a CM9, but I carry a CW9 daily and could not be happier. Go to youtube and watch every video you can find on the two, it helped me when I was trying to decide.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I own a CM9 and I too have found it to be a constant companion. It is amazingly accurate for a sub compact pistol and after the initial break-in period it has run with 100% reliability. Even during the break-in I only experienced two magazine related problems.
    1. A failure to lock the slide back after the last round
    2. A nosedive in the mag the first time I used the backup mag I purchased

I'm not sure how reliable the Nano is so I'm waiting a little while before I buy one. I do have to say though that the Nano seems to be more rounded and snag-free. I think of it like a CM9 with a melt job. I also like the fact that it's all black - just my personal preference. Finally I believe it comes with two magazines (the CM9 only comes with one for about the same price).

Unfortunately the real deal breaker for me is the trigger pull. The CM9 is hands down better in this category. Both pistols have a long trigger pull (not necessarily a bad thing on a defensive gun with no external safety) but the CM9 is about six pounds and the Nano is probably eight or nine. Plus the feel of the car trigger is better IMHO.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have the Kahr PM9, the more expensive version of the CM9 which wasn't around when I bought mine, and my PM9 is may almost constant companion. Very happy with it. Great trigger feel, amazingly accurate for a pocket pistol, and mine has been 100% reliable
    I have a PM9 too and couldn't be happier. Both the CM and PM are nice, the CM is just a little cheaper due to some minor manufacturing changes.

Go to youtube and watch every video you can find on the two, it helped me when I was trying to decide.
    That helped me a bunch. Lots of reviews ;)

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    I found a (used) never fired CM9 when shopping between the Nano and CM9. For $300 I took the Kahr and have not looked back. Perfect size, great trigger, slide lock back (Nano does not have) easy to take down...Does not feel as top heavy either.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I've had the PM9 and the Nano, liked everything about the Nano better except the sights. 300 rounds through the Nano without a hiccup, couldn't say that about the PM9. Nano for me....:twocents:

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am well known to be a Beretta lover, but have to say that initial reports on the Nano have kept me from getting one until I am sure they have the initial bugs worked out.

That said, I have the Kahr PM9, the more expensive version of the CM9 which wasn't around when I bought mine, and my PM9 is may almost constant companion. Very happy with it. Great trigger feel, amazingly accurate for a pocket pistol, and mine has been 100% reliable after well over 2000 rounds.

What bugs have you heard about?

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    If i had to pick it would be the CM9..
    But if i really was looking at another Kahr i would pick the mk9 I love its bigger brother the K9. I like the feel of a metal gun.. don't mind the additional weight either. just my thoughts though!

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    Been looking at the cm9 for my gf, first gun for her, I've been working with her, she is getting more into guns. Always a good thing, but I think she wants an xds... I think we will still end up with a cm9 at some point.

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    I don't not own one but a buddy does and he loves the Nano. I just cant get past the slide not locking. But he swears that it is a great ccw gun.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I don't not own one but a buddy does and he loves the Nano. I just cant get past the slide not locking. But he swears that it is a great ccw gun.

:dunno:
    What do you mean? There is a slide lock on the gun. It's internal on the Nano, so it cannot be used as a release, but his is malfunctioning if it isn't locking back when empty. I had a Nano for very short while, I would have kept it if I didn't like my PPS more. I've also owned a PM40, which was also a good gun. If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably take the Nano, as it seemed to be quite a bit more solid than the poly Kahr. I sold the Nano to a friend, and he really likes it so far.

Top Bottom