• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Yeah he had the car all day but being out front is dangerous. Pretty predictable what was going to happen.

Pretty boring no pass race. Drivers could not break their draft line for nothing or the car just loses it. Its what took Nemechek and Wallace out.
    If your gonna block most likely going to get wrecked and wreck the field.

72 lead changes among 23 Drivers… Someone was passing

The Toyota wrecked each other with Dumb driving IMO!

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    If your gonna block most likely going to get wrecked and wreck the field.

72 lead changes among 23 Drivers… Someone was passing

The Toyota wrecked each other with Dumb driving IMO!
    Maybe from pitstops the lead changes happened but there wasnt much going on throughout the race. Similar to a long caution free Brickyard. Thats not Talledega fun.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Maybe from pitstops the lead changes happened but there wasnt much going on throughout the race. Similar to a long caution free Brickyard. Thats not Talledega fun.
    Most were back-and-forth lead changes for lead….look here at the race results it's and the bottom of the page

With the lack of cautions it was a fuel mile race most of the day…..

No one complains at the Indy 500 when the leaders swap the lead for 499 miles to save fuel, but it's awful at dega. I don't get why everyone's acting like fuel saving hasn't always been part of racing

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Most were back-and-forth lead changes for lead….look here at the race results it's and the bottom of the page

With the lack of cautions it was a fuel mile race most of the day…..

No one complains at the Indy 500 when the leaders swap the lead for 499 miles to save fuel, but it's awful at dega. I don't get why everyone's acting like fuel saving hasn't always been part of racing
    Greg i am just making conversation about the racing. Not trying to complain about it. Just the way Sundays race seemed to play out. Enjoy talking about it with you is all;)

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    If Nascar wants the stages, at least get rid of the cautions at the end of them. Imo part of the fuel conservation race strategy is the teams know they are coming. I also know Nascar isn’t likely to do this because it would cut into selling advertising.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I know I say it every time we go to one of these tracks, but I absolutely hate restrictor plate/tapered spacer racing. It's just not that exciting because they have to rely on 5+ other cars to push them to be fast. Its just one big game of follow the leader until 2 laps to go. They might as well just qualify, line them up and run a 5 lap race all on Sunday.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    I know I say it every time we go to one of these tracks, but I absolutely hate restrictor plate/tapered spacer racing. It's just not that exciting because they have to rely on 5+ other cars to push them to be fast. Its just one big game of follow the leader until 2 laps to go. They might as well just qualify, line them up and run a 5 lap race all on Sunday.
    It was a surprise 30 cars finished on the lead lap…. Usually there is more carnage!

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    It was a surprise 30 cars finished on the lead lap…. Usually there is more carnage!
    Well you have to have someone willing to pull out wide with you and run a side draft move to make an attempt at taking front row. Seems no one wants to gamble that move. Like Mark said its follow the leader until the end. Then mix in commercials every 6 minutes (the same Wendy’s freaking Cinnabon its so good cinnamon roll commercial), makes you want to pull your hair out. Ahggggggggg!!!!!!

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Well you have to have someone willing to pull out wide with you and run a side draft move to make an attempt at taking front row. Seems no one wants to gamble that move. Like Mark said its follow the leader until the end. Then mix in commercials every 6 minutes (the same Wendy’s freaking Cinnabon its so good cinnamon roll commercial), makes you want to pull your hair out. Ahggggggggg!!!!!!
    Yeah…. With fuel mileage race most will ride around until they had to do something different…

The races that will be streamed on this year should be interesting as far as commicals go….Broadcast will also be interesting!

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Yes and Wendy’s commercials definitely don’t make me hungry.

Top Bottom