• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I also feel like he is hurting his legacy. Seems he disrespected Richard Petty or pushed him out, the firing of Noah and switching to turdyota. I was never a fan but always respected what he accomplished.
    Bingo.

I wasnt a fan, but i enjoyed watching his success and how he conducted himself. He was a good role model, competitor, and athlete… I just dont think he is going to help his image in the future by returning and finishing 30th over and over.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The race yesterday was awesome. Lots of close racing and passing, tire strategy, fuel strategy, closest finish in Nascar history. I really don't know what more you could want.
    Bubba crashing was icing on the cake! Due to the rain delay I got to watch most of it. I'm still not a fan of the stage racing but it's better that the phantom "caution for debris" of the past.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Rain delay moved the start towards prime time. I don't see how it hurt ratings myself. I would not have seen the race at it's scheduled time.

NASCAR TV ratings for Cup Series race at Kansas in May 2024​

EDIT: Now we wait for greg's laughing emoji.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    So much for the "most watched motorsports".

EDIT: Now waiting for greg's laughing emoji

Last edited:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    But it was a good race. Plenty of passing, tire and fuel strategy came into play, closest finish ever. If people aren't tuning in for that then they just don't want to be Nascar fans for other reasons than the product is bad.

If people are still refusing to come back because Nascar "went woke" then there just isn't much they can do about it. Most of those fans still watch the National Felon League where almost every player has something woke on their helmet.

I am a racing fan in general. I watch it because I have built many motors and transmissions in my life. I even help on some GAS series cars at Salem. I love watching what people can squeeze out of the engines and other parts. If you ignore the BS and focus on the racing, right now is some of the best Nascar has had.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    But it was a good race. Plenty of passing, tire and fuel strategy came into play, closest finish ever. If people aren't tuning in for that then they just don't want to be Nascar fans for other reasons than the product is bad.

If people are still refusing to come back because Nascar "went woke" then there just isn't much they can do about it. Most of those fans still watch the National Felon League where almost every player has something woke on their helmet.

I am a racing fan in general. I watch it because I have built many motors and transmissions in my life. I even help on some GAS series cars at Salem. I love watching what people can squeeze out of the engines and other parts. If you ignore the BS and focus on the racing, right now is some of the best Nascar has had.
    Yes, if they didn’t watch they missed a heck of a good race.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I didn't get to see any action on Saurday because my son and I were at the Indycar race. And then we had Mother's Day stuff going on so I missed a good chunk of Sunday's race.

I saw the last 70 or so laps of the cup race and it looked like some good racing. I hated seeing Buescher have another one slip through his fingers like that. I think it was a stupid move on Reddick's part. I understand good hard racing, but I think it was just a bit early for a desperation move like that. It did create more excitement though.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I agree with the last paragraph 100%.

The issue with nascar for a lot of people is that there is no squeezing anything out of the engine and other parts. Its all spec, unable to change, cant touch, buy and mount parts. Racing is exactly what you said, squeeze every bit of power and grip out of the car, or sacrifice one for the other to be the fastest over a certain amount of laps. When they are all the same it takes the inginuity out of the sport, and becomes less appealing to a majority of fans. Kansas was the best race they had this season, and still was a decrease from the year prior. And last year was the lowest year recorded. Instead of realizing there is an issue and a reason fans arent tuning in, they are doubling down.

I would love racing to get back to the point of allowing teams to change more than shocks and gain an advantage over the competition. If a team is dominant, the other teams need to work twice as hard to find a way to catch up. Thats good racing.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Darlington has always been my favorite track. You race the track instead of the other cars. Usually it has a big turnout, fans love the history and the challenge of it. I will be curious how ratings turned out.

There is a good interview with Dale Jr Download last week. Electric cars are being discussed. Honda is being discussed, but in order for other manufacturers to join they will no longer be running push rod engines.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Darlington has always been my favorite track. You race the track instead of the other cars. Usually it has a big turnout, fans love the history and the challenge of it. I will be curious how ratings turned out.

There is a good interview with Dale Jr Download last week. Electric cars are being discussed. Honda is being discussed, but in order for other manufacturers to join they will no longer be running push rod engines.
    I'm fine with doing away with pushrod engines, most manufacturers went to overhead cams anyway, but I will quit watching if they go to electric cars.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Anyone else think its immature every discussion gets a laughing emoji? Is there any way possible to make it more obvious why the conversations always devolved into arguing then someone repeatedly responding to everything trying to disrupt a good honest conversation? I guess it proves where the problem stemmed from. Sad that we cant even enjoy talking without being harassed

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'm fine with doing away with pushrod engines, most manufacturers went to overhead cams anyway, but I will quit watching if they go to electric cars.
    I agree. Overhead cams are used in a lot of motorsports now. But electric? Nah. Ill see if i can find the dale jr download where he is talking to nascar senior about it.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    it takes the inginuity out of the sport
    I would push back and say it requires more ingenuity & creative thinking. When the cars are closer, it shifts to strategy and the drivers. I don't think the gap in driver ability has ever been closer. Instead of trying to figure out how go get more lead in the roll cage without getting caught, they focus on different stuff. PhD computer scientists running simulations to determine pit strategy. Physical therapists and nutritionists trying to squeeze every ounce of performance out of a driver. Every week, you have 30+ drivers who legitimately have a shot to win. I don't remember it that way 25 years ago. NASCAR hasn't lost casual fans because of the short track package or composite bodies.

The sport is living, breathing, evolving.

Top Bottom