• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    Anyone have any experience with processors in/around Nashville and Bloomington areas (especially along 46 between Nashville and Bloomington)? I am hoping we don't have a warm fall and early winter, but want to be prepared to get a deer to the processor as soon as possible.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Process it yourself. It isn't that difficult. I processed for the first time last season and it wasn't that bad. You need a couple of good knives, a cutting board and a cooler. Quarter up the deer and put it in the cooler. Take the quarters out and cut the fat off,then slice up into steaks and burger/stew meat. Take the burger meat to a butcher shop and have it ground up how you like it. Everything else goes into ziplock bags or vacuum bags and into the freezer.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Last year I used Mr. Dillon's (I think that is the name), the old Dairy Queen in Martinsville, I think they process them in the Bedford area.

WON"T do it again, I got her like I sent her in, hairy.

Indy_Hunter68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Greenfield
    Gotta give a shout for Archers, in Greenwood. I know they aren't in the Bloomington area, but not that far too travel for a quality processing. And to top it off, they are honest to a fault. Good experience there.

joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    Gotta give a shout for Archers, in Greenwood. I know they aren't in the Bloomington area, but not that far too travel for a quality processing. And to top it off, they are honest to a fault. Good experience there.

That's where I took my deer a few years ago. I'll probably stick with them. You really can't beat them.

ederue

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011

Thanks for the tip - new to the area and need to find someone of quality. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Top Bottom