• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    What about the precedent of the Fed being involved in our right to carry. What happens the next time the pendulum swings and the Dems have control of Washington again? Do we end up with a new Federal license with requirements along the lines of NY and California?

I think that is a valid concern.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    He is a poster child for the need for term limits.

I totally agree!
    Problem is that the right people do not attend his meets.
    I need help showing everyone what he really is.
    I asked the very vocal 2nd amendment group that meets in South Bend, IN.
    To come to his Town Hall meeting.
    They did not want to take the time.
    Well he was not in our district was their reply.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    They're all illegitimate, so why should it matter which infringement one prefers?

Well, for one, you have to live with it. Nothing changes over night and those things aren't likely to ever change so ever the pragmatist I live where I can tolerate the intrusion best because I have no choice.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, for one, you have to live with it. Nothing changes over night and those things aren't likely to ever change so ever the pragmatist I live where I can tolerate the intrusion best because I have no choice.

Slavery was not likely to ever change until it did.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Slavery was not likely to ever change until it did.

Right, so in the meanwhile you worked to get your butt out via underground railroad, joined the union army, what ever you could do. If you couldn't, you bide your time and certainly don't get yourself thrown in jail.

What exactly are you advocating? Disobey the law?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Right, so in the meanwhile you worked to get your butt out via underground railroad, joined the union army, what ever you could do. If you couldn't, you bide your time and certainly don't get yourself thrown in jail.

What exactly are you advocating? Disobey the law?

Rail against intrusion, the principle of it, and get others to understand how intolerable it is even as it is largely tolerated.

Disrespect such law in every conversation.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Rail against intrusion, the principle of it, and get others to understand how intolerable it is even as it is largely tolerated.

But if you do not advocate using the existing system to make changes, nor do you advocate any action to make changes, it seems you only advocate complaining. How does disrespecting laws in conversation change anything?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    But if you do not advocate using the existing system to make changes, nor do you advocate any action to make changes, it seems you only advocate complaining. How does disrespecting laws in conversation change anything?

Change people, hearts and minds. Steer every conversation. Our government will never make America great.

How could you not call this action?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

Agreed. But, there has to be some practicality. We do have to manage and live each day hopefully with the least intrusion possible. So though I would agree any infringement is too much I do have to live and protect my family.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Change people, hearts and minds. Steer every conversation. Our government will never make America great.

How could you not call this action?

I suppose it is a form of action. Have you found changing people's hearts and minds to be an effective method of achieving change? I think often minds and hearts are changed by seeing action (besides just words.)

I don't mean to come off as condescending. But why berate someone for trying to change things using the existing system? Maybe they are simultaneously using their words to change hearts and minds?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I suppose it is a form of action. Have you found changing people's hearts and minds to be an effective method of achieving change? I think often minds and hearts are changed by seeing action (besides just words.)

Change is led by thoughts and sentiments, this is the battlefield. Not all actions are seen.

I don't mean to come off as condescending. But why berate someone for trying to change things using the existing system?

Our existing system is corrupt because our ideas and sentiments are corrupt.

Maybe they are simultaneously using their words to change hearts and minds?

To what end?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Wow, I certainly can't see this as an intrusion into our rights. Just the opposite, Indiana has a law that states municipalities cannot pass any law that restricts our rights more than the federal and state laws regarding firearms. To me this has prevented South Bend and other liberal communities from becoming a little Commiefornia. As I see this proposal it is a method of preventing any state from infringing on our "Right" to own and carry firearms. It certainly doesn't infringe on or add any restriction to existing laws. It certainly would make a lot of the liberal states legislators pull out their hair! Hexx, I might even travel to an auction in Illinois if this became law....

Top Bottom