• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Mods-not sure if this is where this thread belongs or not, feel free to move.

So, I have an old friend who has claimed for years that he is a navy seal (modestly, no big stories of valor or anything). Well, I guess now he is getting out of the service and looking to his old buddy (me) to help him get a job. Knowing my friend for almost 25 yrs i've always known him to have a line of B.S. a mile long. He has also been known to be involved in some questionable behavior. So after looking online for a service and not finding any good leads, I come here to get help from all the great minds on INGO. What gives, are there any former or active seals on here that might be able to do some verifying?

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Go to VeriSEAL | The Original SEAL Verification Project

Good website and should be what your looking for.

Just be warned that they don't examine every request they receive.

Not quite ready to go that route yet (its official and ran by other seals). Thank you though, plus, I don't like the thought of this fellow finding out that I was checking on him, if he is ligit. While I know that a majority of guys who completed seal training are probably cut from the finest of clothes and wouldn't mind. I also believe that like anything else, there might be a few who aren't (bad apples). He isn't the kind of guy I would want knowing that I was checking on him. Especially for my family's sake.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Not quite ready to go that route yet (its official and ran by other seals). Thank you though, plus, I don't like the thought of this fellow finding out that I was checking on him, if he is ligit. While I know that a majority of guys who completed seal training are probably cut from the finest of clothes and wouldn't mind. I also believe that like anything else, there might be a few who aren't (bad apples). He isn't the kind of guy I would want knowing that I was checking on him. Especially for my family's sake.

I would say in that route to do a search through records of medals. Kind of a long shot but worth a shot.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would say take him to the range.
    If he was a SEAL I bet he must be quite a good shot.
    Of course you can be a really good shooter without being a SEAL or former SEAL but I dont think you can be a SEAL or former SEAL without being a good shot.

You could also try the secret SEAL hand check.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This guy is your friend?!?!? No offense but if you really think what you stated above I would recommend disassociating yourself with him. :n00b:

Yeah I thought the same thing.
    If you think he could hurt you and your family how is could that be a friend?!
    :dunno:

The word enemy comes to mind, not friend.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    From the ferw facts you post, I would distance myself from this guy. I knew one guy, an attorney, who said he was a "spook" in Laos during Viet Nam. The guy was a real snake and I didn't believe it for one minute. Another guy told me he was in combat in Viet Nam. I was RA but never in Nam. I would casually throw out GI terms and mention general orders. His eyes glazed over and I was sure he was a BS artist.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I guess my language was a little misleading in my original post. "Old friend" I was trying to illustrate not a friend anymore. We grew up friends, parted ways after high school, he joined the navy and pretty much lost contact for nearly a decade or so. Then he popped up on my doorstep "on leave" allegedly a few years ago. Then to make a long story short i see this fellow again, but, on the news. At that time no fam, he still had my number so i just brushed him off knowing he would be gone again soon. But, now, a few years later he starts calling again. Like we are old pals, wanting the hook up on jobs, telling me hes getting out soon and will be home. I assume trying to contact me again.

Update: +1 to 22lr i used the navy seal verification network, what do you know "fraud". I just hope this psycho doesnt find my family and i again. Thanks for the help, +1 to everyone!

Top Bottom