• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The Navy's decision to name a ship for the late Rep. John Murtha has outraged some critics who have not forgiven the Pennsylvania Democrat for accusing U.S. Marines of murdering Iraqi civilians "in cold blood" five years ago.
    The Navy is naming its newest San Antonio-class amphibious transport-dock LPD 26 for Murtha, the powerful chairman of the House Defense Appropriations Subcommittee who became an outspoken and influential critic of the Iraq war.
    More at link:
    FOXNews.com - Critics Slam Decision to Name Navy Ship for John Murtha

---

So what's next? The USS Bin Laden?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I can imagine few worse insults to the Marines who will have to ride on her, than to be on a ship named after one of their own who betrayed them so utterly and ruthlessly.

I'm not a Marine, though. Maybe I'm missing something.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    I am a former Navy man, Hospital Corpsman, there are lots of Heroes who died saving others who landed on those transport ships and I am appaled that a man who probably didn't even serve, and I don't mean congress, his country get a ship named after him. I am soooooooooo glad I am not there to have to deal with this disgrace anymore

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I am a former Navy man, Hospital Corpsman, there are lots of Heroes who died saving others who landed on those transport ships and I am appaled that a man who probably didn't even serve, and I don't mean congress, his country get a ship named after him. I am soooooooooo glad I am not there to have to deal with this disgrace anymore

In the interest of fairness, Murtha was a decorated Marine and combat vet. If it weren't for his outrageous betrayal, his attempt to lynch fellow Marines to make political points, this wouldn't be a real issue.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    In the interest of fairness, Murtha was a decorated Marine and combat vet. If it weren't for his outrageous betrayal, his attempt to lynch fellow Marines to make political points, this wouldn't be a real issue.
    Decorated? That doesn't matter. there are MOH winners that don't have a ship named after him. this was politcal appeasement. Ok, he served, but he sure doesn't act like he remembers that.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The USS "You People are All Hicks"?:D

In that regard, who's to say he's wrong. Those same people re-elected him after he called them hicks, rednecks, racists, barefoot... everything but his employers.

My wife is from that area. Reckon I've got to admit he may not be all that wrong. Much as people make fun of West Virginia, after we got married I found myself related to all of Martindale in one way or another. I decide it was best not to ask too many questions :wrongdoor:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I can imagine few worse insults to the Marines who will have to ride on her, than to be on a ship named after one of their own who betrayed them so utterly and ruthlessly.

No, you're not missing anything. I left active duty from the Marine Corps in September and was in Iraq when he called the Marines in Haditha "cold blooded killers" and I'd probably be banned from the forum for using appropriate language to describe Murtha. He was just one of many Democrats that voted for the war in Iraq and then blamed it all on Bush.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

USS MURTHA

image003%2013.jpg

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Agreed. Maybe I should have said... "So what's next? The USS Cindy Sheehan?"

No.

The USS Jane Fonda (paint will constantly peel revealing it is actually the USSR Jane Fonda).
    The USS Barney Frank (submarine loaded with depth charges).
    The USS Barrack Obama (carries no munitions and lists to bow profusely in the calmest waters).

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Yeah, you're missing something.

Marines don't speak ill of one another publicly, a missive I'll follow better than that low life scum sucker Murtha.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Im sorry that My NAVY & MARINE Brothers & Sisters have to hear his name on a ship. That Man was a discrace to Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, Airmen, and The American People!!! What a way to go from "hero to ZERO" !!!! I told you to your face john murtha that you were a POS, and even in death your still one!!!

Top Bottom