• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Obama passes the NDAA December 31st 2011 close to midnight. This gives the government more power to fight so called "terror, including power to contain suspects indefinitely without a trial. This also gives the military power to run domestic anti terrorism on US soil. I want to hear from folks in the military on this one. How do you feel about this, would you follow these orders to detain American citizens , would you take peoples weapons if ordered to ?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Our Founding Fathers wrote, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

I will have to go back and check to see what their opinion was of governments that became destructive to those ends.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I don't know about active component, but the Guard has already completed training for this eventuality. We had to be "trained" by Fall of '09 if I remember correctly. We had mock riots and detention scenarios, working with local authorities, state and feds, and FEMA. Leaders even had to do the incident commander courses through the state and FEMA. I thought it was a little much without martial law being established. I don't want to be used as an augmentation to the civilian police forces and definitely believe in Posse Commitatus.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't know about active component, but the Guard has already completed training for this eventuality. We had to be "trained" by Fall of '09 if I remember correctly. We had mock riots and detention scenarios, working with local authorities, state and feds, and FEMA. Leaders even had to do the incident commander courses through the state and FEMA. I thought it was a little much without martial law being established. I don't want to be used as an augmentation to the civilian police forces and definitely believe in Posse Commitatus.
    What was it like filling up FEMA Camps with mock protesters?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks43WZftoqA[/ame]

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are you an "OathKeeper" SpearheadSarge?

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for your comment. I have read about various military branches preparing for civilian detention, but I haven't really heard it from a active military person.

When the John Warner Defense Authorization Act ( H.R. 5122) was passed on Oct 17th, 2006
    This gave the president the power to suspend Posse Commitatus, I was immediately concerned, I'm sure along with many other people. How many people that you are serving with feel the same as you, how many are for it ? Can you speak of how they are instructing you to treat civilians ?

I don't know about active component, but the Guard has already completed training for this eventuality. We had to be "trained" by Fall of '09 if I remember correctly. We had mock
    riots and detention scenarios, working with local authorities, state and feds, and FEMA. Leaders even had to do the incident commander courses through the state and FEMA. I thought it was a little much without martial law being established. I don't want to be used as an augmentation to the civilian police forces and definitely believe in Posse Commitatus.

Top Bottom