• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    I am pretty much set on adding an SKS to the collection and I am just wondering what people consider modifications that they would absolutely do to an SKS that they pick up? The two that I can think of are putting in a spring firing pin to negate the "slam fire" possibility, and possibly a trigger spring swap. I don't really mind the internal 10 round mag and if I want hicap mags, I can shoot my AK.

Anything else people consider a need to do mod?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Get some strippers and load your ammo up on those. You can load it faster than you can unload it. There's a doodad you can use to load AK mags, too.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You could always go the Tacticool Mall Ninja route:
    347enlz.jpg

<PURPLE IMPLIED>

jwatkins383

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    MD
    lightning bolt!

Lightning bolts are amazing
    I am pretty much set on adding an SKS to the collection and I am just wondering what people consider modifications that they would absolutely do to an SKS that they pick up? The two that I can think of are putting in a spring firing pin to negate the "slam fire" possibility, and possibly a trigger spring swap. I don't really mind the internal 10 round mag and if I want hicap mags, I can shoot my AK.

Anything else people consider a need to do mod?

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    i know its a love hate thing but i bought a tapco stock for mine. it wasnt because i wanted to be tacti-cool it was because i have longer arms than than who the rifle was made for. the new stock made it easier to control and just has better ergonomics.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    i know its a love hate thing but i bought a tapco stock for mine. it wasnt because i wanted to be tacti-cool it was because i have longer arms than than who the rifle was made for. the new stock made it easier to control and just has better ergonomics.

By all means. It's your gun, make it how you want it. :yesway:

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    You do not need anything for the sks. The murray pin is a safe measure, but not necessary. Clean the bolt, completely disassemble it, and you will be fine. The sks has a floating firing pin the same as the ar and people do not install murray pins in ars.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    This.

Say that after you've witnessed one go full auto and dump the mag when the guy was just trying to chamber a round.

Sounds like it broke or it was really dirty.

Anyone remember that Myth Buster episode where they tried to make an SKS go off by bumping some speakers?

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I think the most necessary upgrade is the Murray's firing pin conversion. In addition to that one can stone the face of the bolt over the firing pin hole. It removes the small ridge around the firing pin hole, that may contact the primer before the pin resulting in slam fire. I did this to mine and it works well.

Top Bottom